• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

#10 Miami getting spanked by the baby blue team we were at one point spanking.

Today’s game is a good example of why I don’t think Mac Jones should be the Heisman winner. Totally pedestrian first half and Alabama is winning 38-3. Guy is a really good college QB but he’s playing behind the best line in football, has the best WR in football and a top tier running back.

Jones and Trask won't be the greatest Heisman trophy finalists ever, but they wouldn't be the first to win with this formula. Matt Leinart, Jason White, Chris Weinke, Sam Bradford, etc

It's like, I'm not hungry yet, but I reckon I'll just go ahead and make dinner now instead of forcing myself to watch Wisconsin/Iowa.

You realize the Bowl covers team travel expenses, right? Clawson will discuss with kids and protocols will determine their comfort level. Great chance to gain more visibility for the program if done right.

In normal years, this is definitely not true. The bowl gives the conference the payout, and then the conference gives you an allowance to spend on your travel and other costs. The more prestigious the bowl, the higher the allowance from the conference (because, theoretically, you are going to have a larger travel party, and sometimes be required to stay more days, if you are in a NY6 or playoff game).

This year, they are going to treat bowl games almost like a regular away game, and add one additional hotel night (so, for instance, if your bowl game is on a Saturday this year, you will travel down there on Thursday). The ACC is allowing a much smaller travel party this year for the regular bowls. Bowl payouts will also probably be less than normal because they won't be able to sell as many tickets (one of the reasons why you are seeing so many bowls drop out already...lack of ticket sales and sponsorships to help cover their costs). Add in the bowl bonuses for the coaching staffs, and you are likely going to "lose" money on a bowl appearance this year.

I'm really going to enjoy Florida blowing this game to a mediocre LSU team largely because their guy decided to throw the LSU player's shoe 30 yards after making a 3rd down stop with 2 minutes left, prolonging the drive.

Back