• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Yep. The ACC needs a more stable TV presence. I've been afraid of something like this for awhile. I posted this almost 9 years ago.

Memo to Notre Dame: Just come on over to the ACC. We'll get a nice GOTW deal with NBC similar to what the SEC has with CBS and everybody will be happy.

The current 20 year deal ends in 2035-36. Hard to see how the ACC isn't the big victim of this.

What was his problem?

maybe he had a bet of GT +7. Pitt had the ball 3rd and 1 around the 40 yard line with no timeouts left for GT. Pitt runs it in for a TD. Maybe he sees that as Narduzzi running up the score. Coaches can be sensitive little kids sometimes.... or like i said, he lost the bet of GT +7 ;)

maybe he had a bet of GT +7. Pitt had the ball 3rd and 1 around the 40 yard line with no timeouts left for GT. Pitt runs it in for a TD. Maybe he sees that as Narduzzi running up the score. Coaches can be sensitive little kids sometimes.... or like i said, he lost the bet of GT +7 ;)

If he sees that as running up the score, then that's his problem. Heck, when that happened I actually thought Tech maybe let them score to get the ball back and have a chance (slim and none) of scoring and then getting an onside kick.

LOL. They don't need to be shaking hands in a pandemic anyway.

A couple of sneaky good games this week:

USC (-2.5) at UCLA: USC is still undefeated at 4-0 but getting no love from the CFP committee. UCLA had a rough start and has lost two games by 9 total points, but Chip Kelly seems to have things going in the right direction now with big margins against Cal and the two Arizona schools. 7:30 PM on ABC.

Georgia (-13.5) at Mizzou: Connor Bazelak appears to be ther real deal at QB for Missouri. Mizzou's defense was spotty las week against Arkansas. JT Daniels is performing well for Georgia. Georgia has taken care of inferior competition this year, but things the season is dragging on and this could be a statement game for the Tigers. Noon on SECN.

FTR, I like USC and Georgia to win, and USC and Mizzou to cover.

Early returns on Eliah Drinkwitz from the Mizzou faithful are positive. He has had a quick rise from HS football coach (at age 23) from 2006-9 to SEC head coach in 2020.

These are the stops after coaching HS (all very short):

2011 - Auburn Quality Control Coach
2012 - Arkansas State RB Coach
2013 - Arkansas State OC
2014 - Boise State TE Coach
2015 - Boise State OC
2016-8 - NC State OC
2019 - App HC
2020 - Missouri Head Coach

Looks like he has impressed wherever he has been. FWIW, I remember Clawson singling out Drinkwitz when he was the State OC a couple of years ago. It was more than a perfunctory statement. You could tell Clawson really felt that Drinkwitz had a lot going on.

Interested in the UNC at Miami (-3.5) game. Miami has only one loss, but they have played a lot of teams in disarray, most recently Duke. Expecting a shoot out.

The UGA game will be very interesting... Road game with nothing to play for against their 3rd best opponent of the year. They were beat convincingly in both games against decent competition.

UGA has zero wins against ranked teams.

6-0 against the murderer's row of:
Arkansas (3-6)
Auburn (5-4)
Tennessee (2-6)
Kentucky (4-6)
Miss St (2-6)
South Carolina (2-8)

Combined record: 18-36

I'll take the points.

The UGA game will be very interesting... Road game with nothing to play for against their 3rd best opponent of the year. They were beat convincingly in both games against decent competition.

UGA has zero wins against ranked teams.

6-0 against the murderer's row of:
Arkansas (3-6)
Auburn (5-4)
Tennessee (2-6)
Kentucky (4-6)
Miss St (2-6)
South Carolina (2-8)

Combined record: 18-36

I'll take the points.

ATS copying Biff's pics.

Since I know everyone was wondering, the opponent's that Florida has beaten are 26-43 overall. Throw out Florida's signature win over Georgia, and those opponent's are 20-41. Florida plays LSU tomorrow so it's going to look worse after that (Georgia played Auburn).

Yes, the Florida v. Georgia game was essentially an elimination game as both haven't really beaten any other quality teams. UGA was eliminated.

Since I know everyone was wondering, the opponent's that Florida has beaten are 26-43 overall. Throw out Florida's signature win over Georgia, and those opponent's are 20-41. Florida plays LSU tomorrow so it's going to look worse after that (Georgia played Auburn).

Yeah, they play basically the same schedule. The difference is Florida beat Georgia, as Pilchard stated.

My broader point, beyond ripping on UGA (which is always fun), was that nobody's resume is particuarly compelling this year... Even in the SEC.

And while we agree on Mizzou +13.5, I will not be wagering on USC. Slight lean UCLA, but no action.

Is Georgia a signature win? ;)

Back