• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Will be super gratifying to see either one of Brian Kelly or Jimbo freak out over the decision.

Why does Florida punt on 4th and 9 in Alabama territory down 11? They haven’t stopped Alabama all game (apart from the INT). If you want to win, you’ve got to go for it there.

They had just stopped them on 4th down. Main issue was the ply calling on 2nd and 3rd down.

So Alabama is locked into 1 and Clemson is 2. OSU will be 3. The only debate is ND or Texas AM at 4. Their losses are probably about equal and ND has the best win of the two, so they probably get in. Cincinnati’s resume is garbage so don’t even argue they should get in.

Cinci needed a last second field goal to get the home win over Tulsa this evening.

Norte Dame’s wins: Duke, S Fla, FSU, Louisville, Pitt, Ga Tech, Clemson (w/out Skalski & the other D starter, Lawrence), BC, uNC, Syracuse. 1 marquee win. UNC lost to FSU & UVA and was on the ropes against Wake in a game featuring almost no defense.

T A&M’s wins: Vandy, Florida (#4 at time), Miss St, Arkansas, South Carolina, LSU, Auburn, Tenn. lost to Alabama.

So Alabama is locked into 1 and Clemson is 2. OSU will be 3. The only debate is ND or Texas AM at 4. Their losses are probably about equal and ND has the best win of the two, so they probably get in. Cincinnati’s resume is garbage so don’t even argue they should get in.

Feel like it's going to be ND. If TAMU gets in they should be the 4th seed, and I don't see the cmte. matching them up against a conference foe in round 1 (they should, but again don't think they will).
The only way I see TAMU over ND is if the cmte. rationalizes putting OSU at 4 b/c of their only playing 6 games, which would move TAMU to the 3rd seed. But since the cmte. will release their full playoff rankings, they'd then have to with a straight face show TAMU as a 3 and ND down at 5, which would be hard to defend.

Feel like it's going to be ND. If TAMU gets in they should be the 4th seed, and I don't see the cmte. matching them up against a conference foe in round 1 (they should, but again don't think they will).
The only way I see TAMU over ND is if the cmte. rationalizes putting OSU at 4 b/c of their only playing 6 games, which would move TAMU to the 3rd seed. But since the cmte. will release their full playoff rankings, they'd then have to with a straight face show TAMU as a 3 and ND down at 5, which would be hard to defend.

If they can defend including OSU, who just barely played half a season, then they should be able to defend any other decision they make.

There were a few play calls and alignments used in the Alabama-Florida game that I hope Clawson and Ruggerio look at.

One is using a sixth O-line guy in max protect and short yardage packages. If you want an extra blocker in a situation, put in a guy who trains to block.

Another was using a QB they turned into a wide receiver as the QB sneak guy, but fro his wide receiver position. The QB was in shotgun. The WR went in motion just behind the O-line, stopped behind center, set for the required one second, took the snap, and executed the QB sneak. There could be an audible out of the sneak if the box was too heavily stacked by the D. The regular QB was in position to take a regular shotgun snap and run something different.

Jared Guarantano transferring. No idea who would want him.

He's a grad transfer. Somebody who needs a one year filler will grab him. Or he goes to NFL. He is exploring that possibility as well.

Florida has no argument for being in after their loss to LSU.

Back