• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The All-Jim Grobe Football Team

Man, I almost want to see Mikey Rinfrette on there for one of the most memorable catch and runs in team history.

Man, I almost want to see Mikey Rinfrette on there for one of the most memorable catch and runs in team history.

Before you do that, Richard Belton's second effort on 4th and goal @ UMD in 2006 sent us to the ACCCG.

Before you do that, Richard Belton's second effort on 4th and goal @ UMD in 2006 sent us to the ACCCG.

Before that his run late in the first half against FSU blew that game wide open.

Also had the dagger run against Navy in the bowl game.

Our depth at DL and FB and lack of depth at RB and LB stood out when putting this together.

Are the tags here not cracking anyone else up? Solid spontaneous teamwork there, either that or Moonzzzz is logging into his 298307423 parodies to continue the list

great job, PHDeac. I would be curious to be compare that team to the all-Jim Caldwell's team. I know Caldwell was only at Wake 8 years, but he had some crazy good players considering how much we sucked most of that time.

I might go KJ over Bud. KJ has clearly been the better CB these past 2 years. Otherwise, great list, thanks for putting it together.

Our depth at DL and FB and lack of depth at RB and LB stood out when putting this together.

Our LB depth has been a little better recently. I really like the current crop of LB's.

Unfortunately, he also had the phantom fumble call in the OB. Without that fumble in the red zone, we win.

Unfortunately, he also had the phantom fumble call in the OB. Without that fumble in the red zone, we win.

Worst bad luck play of the Grobe era. Belton bowls the Louisville guy over and lands straight on top of him. So it's basically a dead ball, except his knee isn't touching the ground because he's laying on top of the Louisville guy. Ball then pops out when everyone thinks the play is dead, Louisville guy grabs it. Sucks because we were completely wearing them down at that point. We were about to go up 20-10.

Yeah, but without Ben Mauk on this list who is going to throw footballs over mountains?

Plack has 3 1s... Just saying...

Also, Only played for Grobe 1 year, but TYLER ASHE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jimmy Newman. Not close

I'd also have Sharpe on first team. Probably over Boo.

ANd Deon "Rock" Williams over Justin Jackson. He was awesome.

Back