• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The All-Jim Grobe Football Team

Also, Only played for Grobe 1 year, but TYLER ASHE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jimmy Newman. Not close

Great call.

Sticking with Boo. He was a rock for or greatest defenses. I'm surprised there aren't more golden era Deacs on the list.

Great call.

Sticking with Boo. He was a rock for or greatest defenses. I'm surprised there aren't more golden era Deacs on the list.

Fair. Both great players. Sharpe was drafted though. He was one of the reasons Pace was able to do what he did. a 3-4 D-end shouldn't have that many TFL, and Pace did because Sharpe was an absolute Bull in the middle.

Below is an All-Wake Forest football team made up of players coached by Jim Grobe.
First Team Offense
QB Jon Abbate
RB Jon Abbate
RB Jon Abbate
TE Jon Abbate
WR Jon Abbate
WR Jon Abbate

OL Jon Abbate
OL Jon Abbate
OL Jon Abbate
OL Jon Abbate
OL Jon Abbate
K Sam Swank 1, HM

First Team Defense
DL Jon Abbate
DL Jon Abbate
DL Jon Abbate

LB Jon Abbate HM, HM, 1
LB Jon Abbate
LB Jon Abbate
LB Jon Abbate

DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate

SP Jon Abbate
P Jon Abbate

I only did first team. I was going to choose Jon Abbate over Swank, but I figured that the Abbate would be gracious and give Sam the nod.

Well, Abbate did also get a movie made about him. How about this:

First Team Offense
QB Brian Piccolo
RB Brian Piccolo
RB Brian Piccolo
TE Brian Piccolo
WR Brian Piccolo
WR Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
K Sam Swank 1, HM

First Team Defense
DL Jon Abbate
DL Jon Abbate
DL Jon Abbate

LB Jon Abbate HM, HM, 1
LB Jon Abbate
LB Jon Abbate
LB Jon Abbate

DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate

SP Jon Abbate
P Jon Abbate

Well, Abbate did also get a movie made about him. How about this:

First Team Offense
QB Brian Piccolo
RB Brian Piccolo
RB Brian Piccolo
TE Brian Piccolo
WR Brian Piccolo
WR Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
OL Brian Piccolo
K Sam Swank 1, HM

First Team Defense
DL Jon Abbate
DL Jon Abbate
DL Jon Abbate

LB Jon Abbate HM, HM, 1
LB Jon Abbate
LB Jon Abbate
LB Jon Abbate

DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate
DB Jon Abbate

SP Jon Abbate
P Jon Abbate
That would be great, but Piccolo never played under Grobe.

Of course you could also argue that Grobe coached under Abbate - since no one is above Him.

IIRC, Richard Belton did land on top of the defender, and the ball was virtually taken away from him. The fumble call on Kenny Moore earlier in the game definitely was bogus. Even the broadcast team said he was down.

Ph, good work.

It is sad that recruiting and/or development declined over the recent past...particularly on offense.

IIRC, Richard Belton did land on top of the defender, and the ball was virtually taken away from him. The fumble call on Kenny Moore earlier in the game definitely was bogus. Even the broadcast team said he was down.

both were clear fumbles

Helluva job overall PH and great idea for a thread, enjoyed going to memory lane.

Back