• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Argument for Guns

deacphan

Reaction score
What is it? I'm not talking the 2nd amendment limiting our ability to limit them.

What is the large, national need for us to have guns?

Self defense? If guns are criminalized only criminals would have them? Seems like a good boogyman but law enforcement would likely still be armed. How many guns do you need to protect you and yours?

Hunting? LOL. So a hobby is worth the lives of countless Americans?

What is the argument that is so strong that it is greater than the unsettling high numbers of gun deaths in this country?

You can't ask for the pro gun argument and then immediately dismiss the 2nd amendment in the first sentence.

Why? I'm sure most of us could easily make the argument for freedoms of speech, religion, press, etc., without referencing the fact that it's the first amendment.

How else will we the people compensate for our collectively below-average penis size?

Why? I'm sure most of us could easily make the argument for freedoms of speech, religion, press, etc., without referencing the fact that it's the first amendment.

exactly.

if you want to argue the merits of it that's fine, but the appeal to authority is my issue.

I'm firmly #2ndamendmentOUT

If Supreme Court justices would just look up what "militia" means, we'd all be better off

I don't know the numbers, nor do I care to look them up. But for some, at least, hunting is not a hobby. My brother is a public school teacher with three kids. During deer season, he takes his limit, butchers and freezes the meat. It saves him a lot of money.

He also has a gun safe.

I don't know the numbers, nor do I care to look them up. But for some, at least, hunting is not a hobby. My brother is a public school teacher with three kids. During deer season, he takes his limit, butchers and freezes the meat. It saves him a lot of money.

He also has a gun safe.

good post. this is what we're talking about.

would a bow and arrow suffice? i know plenty of hunters find success here as well. if no one was using guns it would seem the effectiveness of this method would go up significantly.

eventually we as a country will determine it is in our best interest to purge ourselves of hipster doofuses, and unfortunately some of those doofuses are quire large

DSC05030-3%20coyotes2-L.jpg

Main argument for guns distilled: Guns are cool
Main argument against guns distilled: We'd have a lot fewer corpses

Also, so the King of England can't walk right in and start pushing me around.

My family lives in a large house out in the country. We called the police one night and the response time was 45 minutes.

The people on the boat that I was on this weekend frequently go towards Cuba when fishing and have been advised that their had been incidents of piracy.

Personally, I don't own a firearm but I also live in a high rise with 24 hour security and controlled access so I have no need for one.

good post. this is what we're talking about.

would a bow and arrow suffice? i know plenty of hunters find success here as well. if no one was using guns it would seem the effectiveness of this method would go up significantly.

The Aussie 1996 laws maintained hunting as a reason for owning guns and have been an AMAZING public health success.

[Elkman] Have you even read the NY State Statute from 1947? How can you make this argument without knowing it backwards and forwards? [/Elkman]

Back