• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Audacity of Hopelessness

Yes. And it also shows our country is great. She embodies the American dream - starting with little and ascending to the very top. Don't kid yourself. That doesn't happen many places on this earth.

So she is guilty of the same erroneous rhetoric as Donald Trump, got it. I'm sure the OUTRAGE is equitable. It's clearly why you see the comparisons being drawn between Trump and a Gorilla.

Yes. And it also shows our country is great. She embodies the American dream - starting with little and ascending to the very top. Don't kid yourself. That doesn't happen many places on this earth.

So America works if you're as great as Michelle Obama. Otherwise you're SOL.

#RealTalk, the Obamas are both an amazing example of the American dream in action. A really wonderful aspirational couple. I'm glad America can come together and celebrate that.

#RealTalk, the Obamas are both an amazing example of the American dream in action. A really wonderful aspirational couple. I'm glad America can come together and celebrate that.

Yep. Yet they are hated by a large portion of the country.

Consider this possibility: MAGA is about bringing back manufacturing jobs, not bringing back Jim Crow. The only thing anyone has ever pointed to that Trump has said negatively about blacks is that they are generally poor and don't live in rural areas. And? Is he wrong? American social existence has evolved since the 1950s. Nobody in his right mind thinks Trump wants to bring back German Shepards and firehoses. That's a fine argument you've got there to scare up a traditionally democratic stronghold, but it's dishonest and has no basis in reality. Kindof like the Ruskies hacking our voting machines.

Just consider that possibility. Now, whether manufacturing jobs are coming back is another thing entirely. But is MAGA really a bigger lie than HOPE? Obama gonna pay my mortgage; Trump gonna give me a job. What's the difference, really?

That's the question I'm asking. Why the outrage over Obama's comments?

Yep. Yet they are hated by a large portion of the country.

Yep. And so what. Lots of people hate Clinton. Lots of people hate Bush. It sort of goes with the territory. Doesn't remove the fact that she started with very little and has accomplished a great deal - things she never, ever could have accomplished in the vast majority of countries on the planet in even a relative sense.

Yep. And so what. Lots of people hate Clinton. Lots of people hate Bush. It sort of goes with the territory. Doesn't remove the fact that she started with very little and has accomplished a great deal - things she never, ever could have accomplished in the vast majority of countries on the planet.

Lots of people hate Laura Bush? Because I don't remember a lot of ape comparisons with her. Could be wrong though.

Lots of people hate Laura Bush? Because I don't remember a lot of ape comparisons with her. Could be wrong though.

I don't remember them either. I do remember people hating First Lady Hillary. I don't remember people hating Barbara Bush or Nancy Reagan though.

I don't remember them either. I do remember people hating First Lady Hillary. I don't remember people hating Barbara Bush or Nancy Reagan though.

True. Could you imagine the reaction to Clinton or Obama turning to Joan Quigley in flyover country? Hoo boy.

nsdifb.jpg

what time is your Alt-Right meeting tonight ?

Michelle Obama said that the first time she was proud of her country in her adult life (beginning circa 1982) was when her husband was doing well in the democratic primary in early 2008. This, despite the United States winning the Cold War, the Space Shuttle successes, Desert Shield, the response to 9/11, Mary Lou Retton, and untold other American achievements over that 25 year period.

Trump said we need to bring jobs back to America.

No, I can't see a difference there at all.

Was America Great in the 1980s?

Back