• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Beatles

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
As I get older, and strip away the white noise, it becomes even more obvious that no one touches them. Almost every song Paul and John wrote is A list. When the Beatles broke up, Paul and John had nothing in the vault (George did). They basically recorded everything they wrote.

2 geniuses
1 superstar
1 underrated, top 10 all time rock and roll drummer.

the-beatles-bw-portrait-1967-billboard-1548.jpg

I don't believe I've ever taken the Stones position but I could be mistaken. If I did, I was wrong.

I'd argue that George is a genius too. Not as multi-faceted as John or Paul.

SiriusXM starts their Beatles channel on the 18th. I'm very excited.

One of the coolest things I acquired in my life was a poster from the 1 release press swag of their #1 single covers from different countries. Being the loving son I am, I framed it and gave it to my dad for Christmas.

I'd argue that George is a genius too. Not as multi-faceted as John or Paul.

SiriusXM starts their Beatles channel on the 18th. I'm very excited.

One of the coolest things I acquired in my life was a poster from the 1 release press swag of their #1 single covers from different countries. Being the loving son I am, I framed it and gave it to my dad for Christmas.

My good friend's dad has one of the 1 or 2 best Beatles record collections in the world. Probably uninsurable like the best Tiffany glass.

They are good please subscribe me to this list

[Ken M] If only Syd Barrett had stayed healthy, just think how much more they could have accomplished [/Ken M]

The fact that George had something in the vault and neither Paul nor John did is part of the reason for the breakup. You had two alphas that were used to dominating the albums, and an emerging alpha that was either going to elbow his way in and cut further into their limelight or continue to get stifled creatively.

While I wouldn't deign to try to identify a "best", I will say that While My Guitar Gently Weeps is probably my favorite Beatles song.

Also, the Beatles get bonus points for working a pun into their name.

Last edited:
The fact that George had something in the vault and neither Paul nor John did is part of the reason for the breakup. You had two alphas that were used to dominating the albums, and an emerging alpha that was either going to elbow his way in and cut further into their limelight or continue to get stifled creatively.

While I wouldn't deign to try to identify a "best", I will say that While My Guitar Gently Weeps is probably my favorite Beatles song.

Also, the Beatles get bonus points for working a pun into their name.

That or Here Comes the Sun for me.

yes, it's multiple songs, but the Abbey Road medley is my favorite Beatles "song" since I never play them individually, just all the way through.

yes, it's multiple songs, but the Abbey Road medley is my favorite Beatles "song" since I never play them individually, just all the way through.

The final third of the album is Paul at his absolute best

Paul still puts on an amazing show. saw him in 2013 outside in the middle of July and I don't think he took a sip of water once or had any extended breaks between songs, save the two encore breaks.

People listen individually?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure I put this on the unpopular opinions thread at one point in time, but I think the Beatles suck. Whiny Eurotrash. I can listen to one song, maybe two, and then turn that shit off.

I'm pretty sure I put this on the unpopular opinions thread at one point in time, but I think the Beatles suck. Whiny Eurotrash. I can listen to one song, maybe two, and then turn that shit off.

There's a different in unpopular and wrong. Most of your opinions belong in the latter.

On more than one occasion, I've felt that Magical Mystery Tour has a better collection of songs than Sgt. Pepper. A Day in the Life is perhaps the best ending to an album ever, but as individual songs, sometimes I prefer MMT. Is that wrong?

Also, I don't really care much for the earlier stuff, but everything from Help! on is pretty fantastic. I've seen both Paul and Ringo in the past few years, and both still put on a great show.

I love MMT. My fav Beatles. Maybe it isn't the "best" but it's my favorite.

I love Flying.

Back