• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Beatles

Abbey Road defs my favorite start to finish. Then probably Revolver.

If it weren't for tracks like Wild Honey Pie or Why Don't We Do It in the Road, the White Album would be flawless.

Number nine
Number nine
Number nine
Number nine

The song writing is unmatched. Even their earlier stuff before they got woke. They were moving choruses around, starting songs with choruses, really putting conventional pop songwriting in its head with fabulous hooks. There is a reason this stuff is still timeless.

And then they delved into psychedelics and production and revolutionized modern music. GOAT.

Paul still puts on an amazing show. saw him in 2013 outside in the middle of July and I don't think he took a sip of water once or had any extended breaks between songs, save the two encore breaks.

Saw him in Greensboro about a year later. It was going to church like seeing Jerry.

Revolver or Sgt Peppers for Me. Also the 1st album of the White Album and MMT.

Saw Paul in Columbia a couple years ago and it was fantastic. It was right during the time they were discussing taking down the confederate flag and during a long guitar solo, Paul and a few bandmembers flew giant American Flags on stage. It was p cool.

There's a different in unpopular and wrong. Most of your opinions belong in the latter.

This should be 2&2's required signature.

It's astonishing how flat out wrong 2&2 is on basically everything. Hell even a blind squirrel finds an acorn but 2&2 is just a chipmunk

Re-listened to Rubber Soul today. I stand by my opinion that it and Revolver are Beatles for people who are scared of drug music.

beatles had more consistent albums but i prefer the stones because of their superiority live (and the musicianship of mick taylor and keith.

rubber soul is my fav. i also prefer johns songs to paul's for the most part.

This should be 2&2's required signature.

It's astonishing how flat out wrong 2&2 is on basically everything. Hell even a blind squirrel finds an acorn but 2&2 is just a chipmunk

Don't chipmunks also find acorns a lot

Re-listened to Rubber Soul today. I stand by my opinion that it and Revolver are Beatles for people who are scared of drug music.

In 2004 Rolling Stone named Revolver the third greatest album of all-time, behind Sgt. Pepper and Pet Sounds – and now Rolling Stone readers have declared it the single greatest Beatles album. They have a very strong case. Building on the artistic leap displayed on Rubber Soul, Revolver features early experiments in psychedelic music ("Tomorrow Never Knows") and more complex and mature material than the band had previously attempted ("Eleanor Rigby," "Here, There and Everywhere.") All of this set the stage for Sgt. Pepper, but many Beatles nuts feel that song-for-song, Revolver has the edge.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/p...aders-pick-the-top-10-beatles-albums-20110223

Back