• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*****THE BILLS THREAD*****

i pretty much agree with your points but a few things to add:
1. i agree we need a new QB, i want us to go all in ala the Redskins for Barkley or some other top QB next year. Fitz obviously isn't the answer. with that said, i honestly believe that all of the 'mechanic' and 'fundamental' work he did with David Lee this offseason is really messing with his head. you can tell he is over thinking everything out there which he never used to do. for instance the pass on the first series that he missed Chandler on real bad he wasn't decisive enough and held on too long, last year's Fitz would have had that ball out as soon as he saw Scott get some separation. and later in the 3rd quarter Fitz hit him perfectly on almost an identical play. i just think he needs some time to get comfortable again out there. i still don't think he is the long term answer but if he can just manage games and make minimal mistakes like today we can win a lot of games this year.

2. i wouldn't say Jackson has problems with learning playbooks. he has only been in Buffalo for barley 3 weeks now. 0 training camp snaps, and he is most likely getting very few snaps in practice now that we are in the season. Chan wants to run a fairly complex Offense so it really isn't a surprise that he hasnt really picked it up to the point the coaches feel comfortable as a backup. and it was only a 6th rounder, so i'm not too worried about the pick given up either. but with that said, they probably should have just rode with Thigpen given the complexity of the offense and the experience Thig has in it...but he is terrible, so what do you do?

3. i like how aggressive Gilmore was today, especially how we had our DBs play so far off last week. i wouldn't be too worried about the holding, he seems to do a pretty good job of releasing when need be and i think a lot of it is because these replacement refs just aren't calling it. my only fear here is that he won't be able to break the habit once the real refs come back but he seems like a smart kid so we'll have to see.

4. Spiller has shown that RB1 is his job. i love Freddie to death and still want him to be a big part of the offense, but you just can't sit CJ down with the production he has given us these first 2 games (and the 7 last year after Fred went down). People like to get on Chan about having favorites and being stubborn but I really don't see him benching CJ when Fred gets back. Chan said before the season that both of them won't be happy, but he has got to do his best to get them both heavily involved. I hope the Bills FO realizes CJ is our future and will lock him up when the time comes.

5. agreed. d-line was dominant. Anderson looked great in run support and Kyle was the monster that he always is. DBs still have some work but they are young and will hopefully develop. even on Bowe's first TD Aaron Williams was right there but Bowe just made a better play on the ball. Aaron definitely has to work on finding the ball a little bit more.

we just have to take it one game at a time and I think we'll be alright. don't know if we can make the playoffs but with our schedule down the stretch i hope we are at least making a push at the end of the season.

Go Bills! Beat the Browns!

Fitz did do a lot better protecting the ball but his lack of consistency worries me. The other problem is when he gets comfortable, he tends to get too comfortable and tries to force passes, which is why he led the league in INTs last season. I do agree, though, he's our best option for this season.

I understand the lack of time and experience for Jackson, but it's bad enough to the point where he is listed as unavailable for the game. I realize some of this has to do with the active players limit each game but if you traded for him to be the backup have him on the active roster come game time so he can get some game experience in mop up duty like Thigpen did against KC. Even if it's just handing off, he still gets game experience working with the offense, reading defenses, etc which is a lot better than practice. I have heard nothing about any injury issues with him so it just seems weird that he would be inactive for 2 straight games.

I prefer CJ over Freddie too. I think CJ has the extra burst of speed and is a better receiving back, although I love Freddie. Won't be an easy decision either way when the time comes.

I agree about the secondary. I really like Aaron Williams but he still has to play better in coverage. McKelvin played well and surprised me a bit, though. Byrd is coming along nicely but still has some coverage issues, which you need a bit to play FS. I do like that they are mostly young and seem to be improving each week and season.

We need a good game against Cleveland because the following 2 weeks will be brutal against SF and NE.

i think the only reason TJax has been inactive is because (if i'm correct) you can only carry 3 QBs on your game-day roster and so they list Brad Smith as QB3 and they don't trust TJax actually running the offense just yet i case Fitz were to go down. I think the coaches right now think Thigpen gives us the best chance to win in case Fitz goes down but in a couple weeks that will switch to TJax and Thig will get cut. I doubt they are thinking that we are going to be blowing out teams and therefore TJax can get some snaps in garbage time. Give it a couple more weeks and I'm pretty sure we'll see TJax being activated and Thig being cut to make room for probably another WR, most likely Easley off the PS

GAME DAY! GO BILLS BEAT THE BROWNS!!!

940x.jpg

Get big Meatball!

It wouldn't be a Bills game without our getting fucking hosed.

How the replacement refs overturned that incomplete pass call is beyond me.

Was the penalty call on Aaron legit or not? It cost us a turnover.

the penalty on Aaron was legit. the offensive pass interference on Donald though as absolute bull shit

What's the deal with Spiller?

...asked concerned fantasy owner...

Huge TD there. now the D has got to keep the pressure up. COME ON BUFFALO!

Bills Win! nice to see the Defense step up at the end of the game and put away the Browns. on to next week, Beat the Pats!

Bills. Bills. Bills.

Just wanted to post on my thread

you can jump back on the bandwagon for 2012 if you want to Brasky, we need more people to return to the Bills thread so i don't feel like i'm talking to myself so much

Pretty annoyed that the fish couldn't beat the jets.....

Also didn't even realize that MVsPiller was leading the league in rushing when he got hurt. Get healthy! The beard looks good when defenses have to spend time and effort worrying about CJ.

Back