• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

good list. With 5-6 teams projected in, I'm not worried about bid stealers in the MWC. Go AFA and SJSU (but those teams are worse than Louisville)

Another thing worth adding...

Losses by Colorado St., Villanova, and NM would very likely drop them below Wake in the NET.
A Cincy win and the winner of TCU/Oklahoma would probably pass us, depending.

Definitely a lose and out game for Utah IMO.

The Torvik rooting guide has the following games in order as the top leverage for our bubble hopes (just to add to Vermont's list which is great). I don't necessarily understand what Torvik uses to assess these games, but it's a fine proxy:

Wake over ND (obviously)
Depaul over Nova
Rutgers over Maryland
Saint Louis over Duquesne (no idea here - makes it easier for Dayton to win the A10?)
SJSU over Colorado State
Oklahoma over TCU
State over Syracuse

Each of those results would increase our bid% by at least 1% relative to the opposite result occurring.

I full expect State to lay down and shit the bed today. They know their season is over, they want the coach fired, the fans have checked out completely.

Plus it would hurt us.

I full expect State to lay down and shit the bed today. They know their season is over, they want the coach fired, the fans have checked out completely.

Plus it would hurt us.
Why was Horne out yesterday?

Why was Horne out yesterday?
Believe a foot/ankle issue. Sounds like they considered letting him play the second half. I don't know if that makes it more or less likely he plays today though because if he could play I don't see why he wouldn't given it was a tight game at the half.

I think I heard Horne had a hip flexor issue on the radio driving to the Canes game.

TCU up 10 on Oklahoma.

Oklahoma is very likely in with a loss, whereas TCU is only probably/maybe in with a loss, so we want an Oklahoma comeback here

Both TCU and Oklahoma are better than us and deserve bids. The B-12 is so loaded and deep. That said, feel free to continue to bash the MWC and B1G, which is trash outside of Purdue and Illinois.

Back