• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

KP and Torvik both say WF is better than both TCU and Oklahoma
I know, but have you seen them play? Getting to .500 in the B12 is an achievement, and I have zero problem with them getting 8-9 bids. Wake, UVA and Pitt would be no better than 7-11 in that conference. Hell, Even UCF and Cincy would be at least .500 in this ACC. TCU took down Houston and Baylor this year. Wake and UVA couldn't come within single digits of those 2. Feel free to trash every other conference all you want, but the B12 schedule is quite the gauntlet.

Bracket Matrix update as of today

9 seeds:
Nebraska plays 9:00 Friday vs. IU/Mich/Penn State
Colorado State beat SJSU by 10; Thursday, 9:00 pm, Nevada
Oklahoma lost to TCU; season over
FAU (note: Matrix has USF in the tournament as an autobid) Friday 7:00 pm, N Texas/Tulane

Last 4 byes:
TCU beat Oklahoma; Thursday 3:00 vs. Houston
Mich St Thursday noon vs. Minnesota
Seton Hall Thursday, 2:30, St. John's
Miss St Thursday, 1:00 pm, LSU

Last 4 in - Dayton:
Colorado Thursday, 11:30 pm, Utah/Arizona St
UVA Thursday, 9:30 pm, likely Clemson
St. John's Thursday, 2:30, Seton Hall
Indiana State season over

First 4 out:

New Mexico Wednesday, 7:00, Air Force
Villanova Wednesday, 9:00, DePaul
aTm Thursday, 7:00, Ole Miss
WF beat Notre Dame; Thursday, 2:30, Pitt

Next 4: (tough to find consensus here, as very few at this point have any "votes")
Iowa Thursday 5:30, tOSU
Pitt Thursday, 2:30, WF
Providence Wednesday, 6:30, Georgetown
tOSU (lol, see above; one bracket has this pick)

Dayton is a 7 in the Matrix; the Matrix has Richmond as the auto qualifier from the A-10

Last edited:
I know, but have you seen them play? Getting to .500 in the B12 is an achievement, and I have zero problem with them getting 8-9 bids. Wake, UVA and Pitt would be no better than 7-11 in that conference. Hell, Even UCF and Cincy would be at least .500 in this ACC. TCU took down Houston and Baylor this year. Wake and UVA couldn't come within single digits of those 2. Feel free to trash every other conference all you want, but the B12 schedule is quite the gauntlet.

TCU beat one team in the top 150 of college hoop in its non-conference schedule - Arizona State on a neutral floor

TCU lost to Clemson (by 8) and Nevada (by 13) - the only decent teams it played OOC

my personal sorting tool
giphy.gif

TCU beat one team in the top 150 of college hoop in its non-conference schedule - Arizona State on a neutral floor

TCU lost to Clemson (by 8) and Nevada (by 13) - the only decent teams it played OOC
I know, most of the B12 played fairly weak OOC schedules because the B12 is such the gauntlet. That's why I think Texas and TCU should be in. That said, I think we're better than TA&M, Nova and NM. Ind St too tbh, though they are the the good story of the year.

I know, most of the B12 played fairly weak OOC schedules because the B12 is such the gauntlet. That's why I think Texas and TCU should be in. That said, I think we're better than TA&M, Nova and NM. Ind St too tbh, though they are the the good story of the year.
But you can’t prove that the rest of the Big 12 is good when they don’t play anyone OOC. Not saying I don’t think the Big 12 is good. They are. But it’s the same as the SEC argument in football. If you don’t play anyone and just claim everyone in your conference is good then you can’t prove or disprove that.

Ha. Yeah. Dorky enough. I’ve had a bracket in the Bracket Matrix many times in the past and will probably post one and compete on Sunday. It’s just a weighted average of a bunch of things already talked about on here and does a good job of combining metrics teams and resume teams as a starting point. Usually I only have to swap out 2-4 teams from below the cut lines versus above when making my final bracket, so it does a very good job as a crude tool this far out.

villanova hard to imagine getting in over wake as well just based on scanning their schedules

But you can’t prove that the rest of the Big 12 is good when they don’t play anyone OOC. Not saying I don’t think the Big 12 is good. They are. But it’s the same as the SEC argument in football. If you don’t play anyone and just claim everyone in your conference is good then you can’t prove or disprove that.
I understand. I'm just arguing my eye test. I watch mostly ACC. But when I watched other conference games like the B1G, PAC outside of Zona and even most of the SEC, I can say we may be down as a conference, but we could compete with these guys. Heck, we at least split with the SEC in the challenge this year. But whenever I watched a B12 game, it was slugfest after slugfest. And it's been like this the last 2-3 years. So I'm just saying they deserve their 8-9 bids.

And buckets, I second your motion to have CSU fuck off.

I understand. I'm just arguing my eye test. I watch mostly ACC. But when I watched other conference games like the B1G, PAC outside of Zona and even most of the SEC, I can say we may be down as a conference, but we could compete with these guys. Heck, we at least split with the SEC in the challenge this year. But whenever I watched a B12 game, it was slugfest after slugfest. And it's been like this the last 2-3 years. So I'm just saying they deserve their 8-9 bids.

And buckets, I second your motion to have CSU fuck off.
If UNC got shellacked by duke like Houston did to Kansas there’d be a nonstop drumbeat of the ACC being a disaster

Back