• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Charlotte Hornets are Coming Home.

i like how they don't have the mourning one on the hornets site because he is associated more with the heat

If they're allowed to use it, this...

thumb.aspx

....should be the team's primary logo when they return.

Sweet Back the Buzz billboard in Downtown Winston near the B-40 and 52 interchange as you head west on B-40

Sweet Back the Buzz billboard in Downtown Winston near the B-40 and 52 interchange as you head west on B-40

Saw this on Tapatalk and thought "What the hell?" until I realized which Buzz you all were talking about.

Carry on.

This is smart news for Jordan. Minimizing the Tarheel blue to avoid the potential backlash.

Throw a little Tarheel blue on the trim. That's fine, it's your team. Just keep the core of the old Hornets colors intact for the city.

I think he gets it.

There is no doubt Jordan gets the marketing aspect, it is a big reason of how he got where he is and is still probably the most recognizable athlete in the world. I expect the re-brand will be extremely successful. Whether he will get the on-court personnel aspect enough to compile a winning team is a different issue.

There is no doubt Jordan gets the marketing aspect, it is a big reason of how he got where he is and is still probably the most recognizable athlete in the world. I expect the re-brand will be extremely successful. Whether he will get the on-court personnel aspect enough to compile a winning team is a different issue.

I think Jordan knows that, too...despite their struggles, the needle seems like it's pointing up. I wouldn't expect them to be a playoff team anytime in the immediate future, but they seem to be making better decisions.

Going to Warriors-Bobcats tonight. Should I buy a jersey/shirt for nostalgia's sake, or wait until the Hornets come back?

Bobcats announce today they're going to reveal the new Hornets logo and wordmark during halftime of the Dec. 21 game.

Press release...

The Charlotte Bobcats announced today that the organization will introduce the brand identity of the Charlotte Hornets during halftime of the first Buzz City Night on Dec. 21 vs. the Utah Jazz. The Dec. 21 Buzz City Night is driven by Mercedes-Benz and will include Mercedes-Benz sponsoring a Buzz City long-sleeve T-shirt giveaway to the first 10,000 fans in attendance. Tipoff for the Bobcats-Jazz game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.

The game will serve as the official unveiling of the Charlotte Hornets brand identity and will include the introduction of logos and wordmarks that will be utilized when the Hornets name returns for the 2014-15 NBA season. Bobcats Chairman Michael Jordan will lead the unveiling event during a special on-court ceremony at halftime.

“We are excited to introduce to our fans the next step in our overall brand identity as we transition to the Hornets,” said Bobcats Sports & Entertainment President & COO Fred Whitfield. “Our fans were the driving force to bring back the Hornets name and we wanted to share this announcement with them. In addition to the logo unveil, we are excited to celebrate the first of our five Buzz City Nights. These nights will provide great opportunities to honor the rich history of Hornets basketball with our fans in unique ways.”

Back