• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Charlotte Hornets are Coming Home.

"Honey, I'm home" is so simple, yet such a good billboard.

Dennis: As I tried to explain before, you can not get honey from a hornet's nest.
Charlie: I just don't think there's any science to support that, buddy.
Dennis: There is some very basic science out there supporting that.
Charlie: No, no.
Dennis: Trust me, pal. Okay, it's actually a fact. It's not even science.

Dennis: As I tried to explain before, you can not get honey from a hornet's nest.
Charlie: I just don't think there's any science to support that, buddy.
Dennis: There is some very basic science out there supporting that.
Charlie: No, no.
Dennis: Trust me, pal. Okay, it's actually a fact. It's not even science.

Haha. Always think about that with GT's honeycomb stuff too.

Already at the team store.... *Homer drool*

130722-Buzz-City-Main.jpg

My dad probably has a dozen Charlotte Hornets caps (some he bought, some giveaways) that he's never worn. I'm going to raid his inventory next time I'm home. I have a Hornets Hardball t-shirt in my drawer right now.

Why do I feel like Wellman is going to use one of those T shirts as proof of how popular our Buzz is. Sigh.

Based on those shirts it looks like if there is any color change... it is a shift from teal to a more carolina bluish like someone mentioned earlier on this thread. While I would have loved to just bring the original colors, all the other branding looks great and they could have easily screwed this up a lot more than that.

My dad probably has a dozen Charlotte Hornets caps (some he bought, some giveaways) that he's never worn. I'm going to raid his inventory next time I'm home. I have a Hornets Hardball t-shirt in my drawer right now.

The original snap backs, back when they were just cheap hats.

Based on those shirts it looks like if there is any color change... it is a shift from teal to a more carolina bluish like someone mentioned earlier on this thread. While I would have loved to just bring the original colors, all the other branding looks great and they could have easily screwed this up a lot more than that.

And Mitchell and Ness will keep making throwbacks

I like their aggressiveness in promoting the name change. In addition to the merchandise, they took the front page strip at the bottom of the Charlotte Observer and the entire back page to promote the Hornets.

999343_616789311684717_801347076_n_zps119182cb.jpg

It would be pretty cool if once or twice a home game they could get the Panthers to make a buzzing sound circle around from the speakers in the top level of BofA stadium this fall.

ETA: and/or have Hugo parachute into the stadium.

It would be pretty cool if once or twice a home game they could get the Panthers to make a buzzing sound circle around from the speakers in the top level of BofA stadium this fall.

ETA: and/or have Hugo parachute into the stadium.

are the big cat and the king bee good friends?

are the big cat and the king bee good friends?

I'm sure they run in some of the same Charlotte rich dude circles. At a minimum, Cam Newton has been in or near Jordan's courtside seats at some Bobcats games, so there is a connection of some sort.

Cam and MJ live in the same condo building uptown. I don't think Jordan really interacts with much of anybody in Charlotte outside of his basketball brain trust.

I'm willing to accept a very slight adjustment to the original look at Jordan's discretion. He's earned that much for getting this right. I'll stomach a little Carolina-ish blue in the mix.

Back