• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The devil never sleeps, this time it's Nice, France

Tony Molina, a witness to the attack, has told CNN that he watched the chaos unfold from his hotel room on the promenade.

“There was still a crowd of people and then you just see this big white panel truck, I couldn’t see the driver, but it just kept going at different angles from left to right at 25 to 30 miles and hour,” he said.

“People were screaming and running. There are still people I am looking at right now that are near their deceased family members.

“I work in homicide and I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s unbelievable.”

A witness has told the Associated Press that he saw the truck driver emerge from the vehicle with a gun and start shooting after ploughing into the crowd.

Wassim Bouhlel, a Nice native who spoke to the agency near the city’s Promenade du Paillon, said: “There was carnage on the road. Bodies everywhere.”

God bless those people, their families, friends and loved ones. Horrible stuff. We are living in a fucked up world right now.

I can't believe it but I can. Thoughts with Nice. How do you even prevent something like that?

Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there – fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge – they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.

saw the video of the truck driving through the crowd once. that was enough. horrific.

French President Francois Hollande said the country was "under the threat of Islamic terrorism".

The ability of everyday people to have access to a 4 wheeled vehicle with FULLY AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION is insane!

Back