• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Following (Fox)

timdunkandthefunk

Rusty Larue
Reaction score
Who else plans to watch tonight? My boy Sepinwall panned it but I thought Purefoy was awesome in Rome so I'll give it a go.

It's not just Sepinwall, I have yet to see a review that did anything less than ravage the show.

Like you, I was drawn by the chance to see Marc Antony again so I set up a season pass on my TiVo. However I'm giving it a very short leash and if tonight doesn't surprise, that'll be it for me.

DVRing it and we'll see how it goes.

More excited about The Americans at the end of the month. And I DVRed the premiere of Ripper Files or Ripper Street or something like that on BBCA last week but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

DVRing it and might watch it after last night's Downton if you all don't warn me.

DVRing it and we'll see how it goes.

More excited about The Americans at the end of the month. And I DVRed the premiere of Ripper Files or Ripper Street or something like that on BBCA last week but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

I watched Ripper St today. Not bad, but they totally cut out a lot of skin.

I didn't think The Following was bad. In pilots, there is always forced dialogue and backstories that have to be divulged in ways that are sometimes contrived or clumsy. There was some of that, but the premise has potential.

The NPR dude liked it except for the minor problem that it glorifies violence from the perspective of the perpetrators in a way that made him very uncomfortable.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Ripper Street last night. Not bad but not nearly as good as Whitechapel.

Not a bad follow-up episode either. Though more akin to a Silence of the Lambs kind of deal, it's starting to feel like 24 where everything happens quickly and different characters emerge in varying roles of importance from week to week.

Not a bad follow-up episode either. Though more akin to a Silence of the Lambs kind of deal, it's starting to feel like 24 where everything happens quickly and different characters emerge in varying roles of importance from week to week.

And there are some people who are bad and some people who are good...

I hate the actress they got to play the cult expert but otherwise I'm enjoying the show. Sepinwall is being too picky, this is a "check your head at the door" kinda show.

My wife and I thought the Following was really good.

we like it as well. secondary acting is a little questionable, but usually that stuff works itself out as the show get further along and you get used to them. namely, the shorthaired chick and the guy running point for the FBI grate on my nerves. interesting concept though and something that i find fascinating.

Twist: The head of the investigation is a follower. Double Twist: Purefoy's wife is a follower. Triple Twist: Kevin Bacon is a follower. Final Twist: Purefoy if really following Kevin Bacon.

TO WHAT END!? Stay Tuned for season 2 (cancelled).

And there are some people who are bad and some people who are good...

I hate the actress they got to play the cult expert but otherwise I'm enjoying the show. Sepinwall is being too picky, this is a "check your head at the door" kinda show.

Annie Parisse... She played Basilone's wife in The Pacific.

one item that shocked me was during one of the "voice-overs" they said that at one time in the USA, the FBI says there are 300 serial killers in action. Whew! Do you all think that is true?

one item that shocked me was during one of the "voice-overs" they said that at one time in the USA, the FBI says there are 300 serial killers in action. Whew! Do you all think that is true?

I bet a ton of them are gang related.

The young FBI agent is in the cult, right?

I liked the 2nd episode, but I wish that Bacon hadn't pronounced the L's in Cask of Amontillado.

Back