• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Geeds R Angry

Didn't read the letter, TBH, so I don't know the answer to your question using the context of this article.

What I do know is that people reach big time to misconstrue simple gatherings like a chicken beer party, for example, by digging around and trying their hardest to find something racist about it. I like chicken and beer and sometimes eat chicken and drink beer with my white friends. Sometimes I eat chicken and drink beer with my black friends. I hereby announce any chicken and 40 gatherings as NOT RACIST.

Do we really need an anti racism coalition for like the 5 racist idiots on campus? How about they just get their asses beat and we all move on.

Didn't read the letter, TBH, so I don't know the answer to your question using the context of this article.

What I do know is that people reach big time to misconstrue simple gatherings like a chicken beer party, for example, by digging around and trying their hardest to find something racist about it. I like chicken and beer and sometimes eat chicken and drink beer with my white friends. Sometimes I eat chicken and drink beer with my black friends. I hereby announce any chicken and 40 gatherings as NOT RACIST.
maybe read the letter?

Jesus, dude. What happened to you?

I'm not sure how to asnwer...

I still love everyone and have zero hate in my heart for any group of people other than Nazis. I think it's mainly I read one post regarding chicken and beer and wanted to clear the air that there's nothing racist about chicken and beer parties.

Fried chicken episode of Ugly Delicious was good. Speaks to these hot takes.

Fried chicken episode of Ugly Delicious was good. Speaks to these hot takes.

I like how Chang went to great lengths to explore how certain foods have historical connotations good and bad for certain people, and that there are certain ingrained meanings that not all people understand and maybe should explore with more context..........

.....and then two episodes later was like F you Texas and NC, these tiny table scrap cuts of pork and beef dunked in sweet sauce and put on a gas grill for 20 seconds in the middle of a korean strip mall are BARBEQUE TOO.

maybe read the letter?

Done.

Racist: N word to RA. Dress like a black person. N word toward Subway workers.
Semi Racist: Build the wall...could be an ignorant, yet innocent joke, but could also be racist. I don't have a firm ruling.
Not fucking racist at all: Martha Allman posing in front of the confederate flag 30+ years ago. Chicken and Beer parties.

All in all, I apologize for not reading the article from jump. there are indeed some shitty kids who go to Wake and they should be expelled and sent to Raleigh where they belong. I standby that the ARC needs to curb stomp the next kid to drop an n bomb, rather than going after chicken and beer parties.

Strick, is that alright?

My take is that the masses who cry racism at every opportunity, most likely don't have meaningful relationships, business partnerships and day-to-day experiences with those of the opposite race. White guilt gets the best of these folks and they take it out on people who enjoy chicken and beer.

You're so right the overt racist and bigoted acts outlined in the letter shouldn't cause any actions to stop them.

We shouldn't hold the people who pissed on the iman's floor accountable. I'm sure you'd say the same thing if a couple of Muslims entered Wait Chapel during a service and pissed on the altar. It's just boys being boys. Let them have their fun.

There were several other gross instances in that letter.

The way to ensure another half dozen or dozen more such racist acts to happen is to away from the ones have happened.

Expelling a couple of these assholes would be the best way to handle it. Make it cost the perps something.

I’m sure the issue with chicken and 40s party was with what people wore to the parties. But yeah they don’t point that aspect out if it was the issue.

I’m sure the issue with chicken and 40s party was with what people wore to the parties. But yeah they don’t point that aspect out if it was the issue.

If KA does a chicken and 40s party, we all know what they are doing. I don't know who did it, but if it was KA, we know what they were doing.

Blunt and 40 would’ve been cooler, especially if there was chicken to follow.

Do they still require pictures to be sent with the application? I hope so

Some of the responses in this thread disgust me.

Who didn't do the 40/40 challenge in college?

Can you imagine what the feedback would be from Forsyth County residents if Wake Forest offered to pay for a mandatory AA History class to be taught in the schools ? After the initial uproar died down the school board would tell the university to shove it.

Yeah, I'm not sure a private University has the power to mandate state or county public HS curriculum.

Last edited:
Back