• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Gold Old Days- Pretty Sweet Basketball Video

If you ask me, culture change sucks. I liked our hedonistic, take no prisoners days.

Watching Butler last night was like watching the good old days for Wake basketball.

Seriously, what did we do to deserve this? Why wouldn't any AD in his right mind not want that atmosphere for his school? GET BACK IN YOUR RIGHT MIND NOW RW!

That was depressing but it made me realize we only get bonafide studs every blue moon Rogers, Childress, Duncan, Howard, and Paul and rarely do they overlap. So we are due lets hope the next comes sooner than later.

That was depressing but it made me realize we only get bonafide studs every blue moon Rogers, Childress, Duncan, Howard, and Paul and rarely do they overlap. So we are due lets hope the next comes sooner than later.

But like the above poster said, he watched the Butler game last night. Butler sure as shit doesn't get bonafide studs but they are so well prepared and have done more over the past decade than any Wake teams in our schools history. We sure are breading a new culture but it seems like a losing culture.

That's more bonafide studs than most programs have even in the ACC. That doesn't even include guys like Darius, Big E, Gray, and Teague, Johnson, and Aminu.

We've been fortunate enough to have quite a bit of overlap. Two years of Rogers and Childress. Two years of Childress and Duncan. Three years of Songaila and Howard. One year of Howard, Big E, and Gray. Two years of Big E, Gray, and Paul. One year of Teague, Johnson, and Aminu.

We've just wasted a lot of opportunities.

That's more bonafide studs than most programs have even in the ACC. That doesn't even include guys like Darius, Big E, Gray, and Teague, Johnson, and Aminu.

We've been fortunate enough to have quite a bit of overlap. Two years of Rogers and Childress. Two years of Childress and Duncan. Three years of Songaila and Howard. One year of Howard, Big E, and Gray. Two years of Big E, Gray, and Paul. One year of Teague, Johnson, and Aminu.

We've just wasted a lot of opportunities.

I don't consider Big E, and Gray bonafide studs I saw them in the season after CP3 left or without Howard but that's neither here nor there. I consider Butler = to Bosie State football playing in the Horizon league take less of a toll on your team then going against ACC or Big East foe's on non neutral sites day in and day out. It's a one in a million chance to find and keep coaches like Brad Stevens, Mark Few and Shaka Smart who win every year without 'burger boys "they all can coach but when coaching is equal talent wins out. With the new ACC adding more basketball powers, without continuous talent coming in expect the Wake Coaster to continue up and down.

I didn't consider them bonafide studs either. But they were definitely very good players for us. Gray was All-Freshman and made All-ACC 3 times. Big E made All-ACC 2 times.

I know everyone cites Ken Pom but the only team in the ACC worth of crap is Duke. Everyone else stinks, the A-10 has two very solid teams in Butler and VCU.

I know everyone cites Ken Pom but the only team in the ACC worth of crap is Duke. Everyone else stinks, the A-10 has two very solid teams in Butler and VCU.

You are only looking at the top of the A10. You have to look at the entire conference to determine how they stack up against each other.

ACC ranks: 3, 20, 26, 39, 52, 58, 66, 83, 86, 128, 138, 148

A10 ranks: 12, 33, 57, 62, 65, 71, 73, 80, 97, 104, 114, 122, 139, 155, 222, 231,

ACC average is 70.58

A10 average is 102.3125

Even the median (so we're excluding outliers) isn't that close.

ACC= 62

A10= 76.5

It's not even close.

Jesus Christ. That was like watching a memorial video at a funeral. Fuck me that's sad.

Fuck you, Wellman and Bzdick, for killing our program.

Haha. Next time I'll watch it with "I Will Remember You" in the background.

Haha. Next time I'll watch it with "I Will Remember You" in the background.
Wow, just did it. It was a sad video that was made even more sadder with the song and then even sadder after the video realizing that a Sarah Mclaclan video fits with a WF video. WF basketball and shelter puppies... two things that Sarah feels passionately about and wants to help.

Back