• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Great Coronatine Peace Accords

I am totally willing to make peace. I'm not willing to jump through hoops.

NONE of the others have agreed to any effort other than to make me do things to embarrass me. I'm out for anything other than civility and respect.

Biff, Rj, the mending of broken relationships requires consolations from both offended parties. Otherwise we will remain at an impasse. I challenge you to adhere to the conditions, and perhaps even take it one step further. Say something nice about one another.

Mako deserves credit for trying.

Of course, he's like the twenty-one year old who went Cheetahs in Las Vegas, dropped $1000 to help Honey Melons work her way through med school. On his way out, he stopped at an ATM to help Cinnamon Buns with her law school tuition.

Haven't we all gone to Dr. Honey Melon for physical and been represented in court by Cinnamon Buns.

Little disappointed in Townie’s creativity.

Little disappointed in Townie’s creativity.

oh i'm sorry you don't think this would make for good content? rjkarl emotionally rocking out to somewhere over the rainbow like peter pringle?

So as not to monopolize the chat thread, I felt it necessary to start a new thread here. Some are using this time of social distancing to bond with family, others to dedicate themselves to spiritual and physical health. Perhaps one among us now is currently crafting the great American novel. I say fuck all that noise. I hereby dedicate my quarantine life to solving the greatest conflict the boards have known, the eternal battle between RJ and the usual suspects. If I can accomplish this, than my impending corona or toddler related demise shall not be in vain.

I hereby open negotiations with the following request. Rj, please craft a list of the usual suspects in a timely manner. Afterwards, if you find yourself on the list, you may in turn ask a single request of RJ, which, if I find reasonable and practical, I will ask Rj to adhere to, on the condition that you in turn adhere to a similarly practical and reasonable request from RJ in turn. You may rest on my impartiality here, as I love you all equally. Except for angus, sailor, and 22. Seriously, fuck those guys.

Rj, please proceed as expeditiously as possible. Time is of the essence. Though the world crumbles around us, it’s not too late to salvage a pale glimmer of hope in the waning days of humanity, and civilizations that emerge from the wreckage of our once mighty world may point to these accords as a time of reason despite the insanity that encroaches upon us all as we speak.

IN

Well this has been productive so far. While I am disappointed at the lack of progress at this juncture, I will persevere in the negotiations.

Townie, I propose that the choice of song is changed to Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street, and that you accompany RJ's theremin work with a competent Jaw Harp backing as a show of unity.

Can both parties agree to these initial terms? The road to peace starts with one small step.
I awai

oh i'm sorry you don't think this would make for good content? rjkarl emotionally rocking out to somewhere over the rainbow like peter pringle?

I’m sure it would be good content, that’s not what I said.

It's clear they don't want peace or civility or we'd be there already.

Even their conditions are set to be insulting to me.

I'm out unless it's no conditions peace, civility and respect. They don't want that. It would show how petty and classless they have been for all these years.

Keep dancing. I'm here and ready when the music stops.

please negrep me if you think rj's jokes are funny more than 10% of the time

I'll screenshot my negreps in a few hours, removing poster names, so we can get a rough sense of whether or not people appreciate rj's Holiday Inn Express humor

please negrep me if you think rj's jokes are funny more than 10% of the time

I'll screenshot my negreps in a few hours, removing poster names, so we can get a rough sense of whether or not people appreciate rj's Holiday Inn Express humor

Intentionally funny or unintentionally?

Back