• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The hamster ball, the sack race, etc.

after the sack race there was 3 minutes of nothingness, until the start of the 4th quarter. actually thought maybe they couldve made the race longer/more interesting than 15 seconds...so i could make some legit bets. and lambda chi, the dry frat, won it--figures.

I don't care what they do as long as the PA announcer stops saying "Please direct your attention to the video board" eight thousand times like has been the case recently. I don't ever remember this level of advertisements, announcements, etc on the video board.

Also, what's up with all the songs in between plays? Do we really need to hear Metallica or AC/DC for 10 seconds before 2nd down in the 3rd quarter? I felt like I was at an NBA game with all the music they were pumping right before many of the snaps.

And the final thing I'll whine about now--they seriously need a volume check on the videoboard. I'm in my 20's and am not really bothered by loud things, but I was sitting almost in the student section, and damn, the music/sounds hurt my ears...I can't imagine sitting in section 10 or 11.

whoever came up with the deacon cup idea is a complete idiot

This. The competition is short and boring. If you're going to get drunk students on the field at least make it interesting. As for hating on the frat aspect, all college students behave like d-bags. It's how adults marketed it to them growing up.

The worst thing was the game that replaced the jeeps on the video board, I don't really remember it that well but it only targeted a few sections, when they did the jeep thing everyone could at least get involved because we could bet on what jeep would win

I do like the Hamster ball race, but the Deacon Cup is really pitiful and a complete waste.. As is the grocery bag shuffle, since it isn't even a three card monty where you pick a single winning card.

The worst thing was the game that replaced the jeeps on the video board, I don't really remember it that well but it only targeted a few sections, when they did the jeep thing everyone could at least get involved because we could bet on what jeep would win

And get scared by the Bigfoot, EVERY DAMN TIME!

Why did you put a lower case "b" in the 6th "bitch". It's really bush league.

Simple. I screwed up the sixth Bitch and my phone autocorrected to "botched" (appropriately, I suppose), and then when I corrected autocorrect, I was too lazy to recapitalize the sixth Bitch. #firstworldproblems

I did the hamster ball race my first Wake football game and it was one of the most memorable experiences I had at Wake. I would be sad if they did away with it.

i heard doofus won the hamsterball race at the women's bball game! probably the best athlete on the court that night.

Back