• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The inevitable result of a privatized prison system

Thankfully there's no corruption in the public sector...

This is public-private corruption. The worst kind.

Agreed. This combines the best of both systems. Greedy private enterprise teaming up with corruptible public figures. The American Dream!

"Ciavarella Jnr, 61, was tried and convicted of racketeering charges earlier this year but his lawyers had asked for a “reasonable” sentence, claiming that he had already been punished enough."

I think a reasonable sentence is that he should spend the rest of his life in prison.

"Ciavarella Jnr, 61, was tried and convicted of racketeering charges earlier this year but his lawyers had asked for a “reasonable” sentence, claiming that he had already been punished enough."

I think a reasonable sentence is that he should spend the rest of his life in prison.

As long as the prison is not run by a private company, otherwise they just get a win-win out of this deal.

I have a brother in law that died in prison because they wouldn't give him his medication and he died. Fully functional state run institution....should we equate that with what we can expect from a state run institution?

No better than Racer's response.

We should expect better out of public and private institutions. We can't just assume one is automatically better than the other. The unfortunate truth is there has to be some kind of public standards that can be enforced by the government.

With some guy he gave a max sentence to for a roommate

The idea of the justice system having any component with a profit motive is just egregious.

The idea of the justice system having any component with a profit motive is just egregious.

QFT

Prisons AND healthcare need to move to a positive outcome based payment system rather than a volume payment system

We have an elaborate system by which students are tested in order to hold teachers accountable but we have no way to hold prison officials accountable for keeping us safe and rehabilitating inmates who can be rehabilitated. And they actually make more money off high recidivism rates.

i'm pretty sure that i recognize sarcasm

Back