• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The inevitable result of a privatized prison system

Justice Dept says it will end the use of private prisons. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...471534255226&tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.6e8eeb23a161

“They simply do not provide the same level of correctional services, programs, and resources; they do not save substantially on costs; and as noted in a recent report by the Department’s Office of Inspector General, they do not maintain the same level of safety and security,” Yates wrote.

This is good news. I am not a fan of private prisons.

This is great news.

I wonder if the private prison companies shares are good for use as toilet paper.

this is just federal institutions, right? so states have to make the same determination themselves?

This is great news.

I wonder if the private prison companies shares are good for use as toilet paper.

CqJyQUVWEAAlQ-U.jpg

Prison company struggles to get license to hold children

A state representative who introduced the measure acknowledged that the proposed legislation came directly from GEO Group, the nation's second-largest private prison company, which operates Karnes.

"I've known the lady who's their lobbyist for a long time ...That's where the legislation came from," said state Rep. John Raney, a Republican from the rural town of Bryan. "We don't make things up. People bring things to us and ask us to help."

Back