• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Jeff [Redacted] Show

I see. My confusion came from you saying "I have never heard a top coach take this approach". That line takes for granted that Bz's SOP is to shirk responsibility, which is a damning claim. I don't like that quote, but plenty of coaches have similar, or worse quotes. I don't think Bz is especially harsh on players. It is something to fuel the fire though with how much people dislike him.

Agreed. These kids are 18-22 year old guys that are getting a full ride at WF to play basketball. They themselves would tell you they deserve a lot of the things Bzz is saying when they screw up or have a bad play. It's not a bad thing to learn to take responsibility for things. Bzz isn't any worse than any other D1 coach.

We absolutely should win 20 games next season. I expect us to be on the bubble and then to be sunk by our weak OOC schedule. Should make it into the NIT. Then we will see how good of a coach [Redacted] is.

We absolutely should win 20 games next season. I expect us to be on the bubble and then to be sunk by our weak OOC schedule. Should make it into the NIT. Then we will see how good of a coach [Redacted] is.

You can't help yourself about finding a way to keep us down.

If we win 20 and are at least .500 in the ACC, we are IN The Dance next year.

You can't help yourself about finding a way to keep us down.

If we win 20 and are at least .500 in the ACC, we are IN The Dance next year.

8 ACC wins with 2-4 OOC losses against a weak OOC schedule doesn't get you into the tournament anymore. Just ask Seth Greenberg.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/259/year/2011/virginia-tech-hokies
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/259/year/2010/virginia-tech-hokies
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/259/year/2008/virginia-tech-hokies
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/259/year/2007/virginia-tech-hokies

I'll put $100 on it that if we win 20 games and go 8-8 or 9-7 that we will not go to the NCAA tournament.

(Also, FWIW, I'm on record as liking a weak schedule for next year as a means of building confidence for a team not used to winning. I don't think we would do well enough against a tough schedule.)

I'll definitely take $100 that if we go 9-7 in the ACC and win 20 that we do go to the NCAA.

It's a funny bet, because I just don't think we go 9-7 in the ACC next year. Hats off to you guys though.

TX the bet isn't THAT we go 9-7/20.

It's IF we go 9-7/20 that we make The Dance.

It's a funny bet, because I just don't think we go 9-7 in the ACC next year. Hats off to you guys though.

Here's the schedule:
@/vs Miami
@/vs NC State
@/vs Georgia Tech
@/vs UNC
@/vs Virginia
@ Virginia Tech
@ Duke
@ FSU
vs Clemson
vs BC
vs Maryland

I think it's pretty doable. I could see us going 7-1 at home (and, frankly, 8-0 is doable since UNC should be down).

I'll definitely take $100 that if we go 9-7 in the ACC and win 20 that we do go to the NCAA.

This is funny! If Buzz is still the coach, I'll go $100 against you both that we don't get 18 wins or go 8-8 in conference next year. Now that is a bet that someone would actually have to pay off! (And I might as well make money off this shit show that RW seems determined to cram down our throats.)

What do you say guys? I promise - I'll still pull for Wake to win no matter what! But what I will pull for - with all my heart - is that we have a new coach long before next year begins...

BuzzOut - till he's gone.

So... if nobody called in, then I could conceivably call in next week and have the whole show to myself with coach?

Admittedly, Mr. Jeff [Redacted] knows a shit ton more about basketball than my commie-soccer loving ass, but I would love to pick his brain on a few things.

Will it be on Wednesday or Thursday night? It's time for Jeff and me to smoke the peace pipe.

TX the bet isn't THAT we go 9-7/20.

It's IF we go 9-7/20 that we make The Dance.

So it is a pointless fucking bet. Well done, kids. I'm sure that was fun.

What are the odds on Wake winning EXACTLY 20 games overall and going EXACTLY 9-7 in the ACC next season?

Woof. I'm all for gambling and other vices, but that bet was just silly.

We're not all that far from being a good team. We're adding a lot of talent next year.

We are adding a lot of defense and even some rebounding.

We're not all that far from being a good team. We're adding a lot of talent next year.

We are adding a lot of defense and even some rebounding.

Have you PERSONALLY seen any of the players coming in? If not, you don't know if we are really adding talent or not. Or what those players add or do not add.

Have you PERSONALLY seen any of the players coming in? If not, you don't know if we are really adding talent or not. Or what those players add or do not add.

I've seen Tyler and Arnaud in person a few times in AAU. Like most, I've Codi and Aaron on tape. Have yet to see Andre or Devin.

Of the guys I've seen in person:

Tyler is a good perimeter shooter with some face-up PF in his game. Not too much else outside of that except hustle and some rebounding. His role is weird playing alongside of Coleman in HS and I doubt he'll have the autonomy at Wake that he had last summer in AAU, though, so who knows what he actually looks like for us. A big question mark for me is on defense. Is he strong enough? I expect him to give us 7-10 minutes/game as a stretch-4 or possibly even at center.

Arnaud is very raw on offense, but he's got some of Travis's spot-up and slashing game. Not a whole lot in between, though, but I'm not sure we need that right out of the gate considering how proficient CJ is off of the dribble and given what Travis can create for himself in the lane at this stage. Arnaud will be an immediate factor on defense, though, and he's probably capable of guarding SG/SF/PF in college. He'll see significant minutes, I think, backing up Travis and spending some time at PF.

Back