• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Jeff [Redacted] Show

This is not true, and there have been multiple threads debunking this. You can say those other coaches are more successful and thus have the "right" to do it, but a lot of coaches show public frustration with players.

Once or twice, while I personally don't agree with, is understandable and could be used as a motivational tactic. Kind of to get the guys to go, "oh yeah? Well we will show coach!"

That can be the response if you do it once or twice to shake things up. Again, not what I believe to be right, but I can understand the thinking behind it.

What Buzz does is say, "I try and I try and I try, but they just don't get it!" Taking none of the blame for the shit performance on himself, the head coach, and instead thrusting it all onto 18-22 year old young men. And he does it time and time again.

Massive difference.

The answers were alright. He talked about offensive rebounding almost as an extension of the offense, which, though understandable, isn't really what I wanted to hear and could point to the reason that, though he says he stresses it, it isn't getting across.

We have to face it. His teams (now unfortunately our team) just don't rebound well. If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

I missed the first 20 minutes of the show last night. There were no callers who asked questions during the last 40 minutes. Were there any caller questions in the first 20 minutes?

This is not true, and there have been multiple threads debunking this. You can say those other coaches are more successful and thus have the "right" to do it, but a lot of coaches show public frustration with players.

True, but then again most of the coaches who do this aren't very good.

There are a few exceptions to this rule, and most of them have the resumes to back it up. Bz is not one of them.

I listened to it. He talked mostly about how the team works around holidays. He thinks Yale will present a good challenge, especially one of their bigs. He praised Chase's passing in particular, which is well earned in my opinion.

No one called in with any questions; only one guy called for a prize. I have not heard [Redacted] speak many times, and although he is not the most rousing orator, I didn't think he was too bad.

It was rather comical. He called in and won the prize. Then the host asked him if he wanted to ask a question, to which he responded something like "naw man, I'll just take the prize."

It was rather comical. He called in and won the prize. Then the host asked him if he wanted to ask a question, to which he responded something like "naw man, I'll just take the prize."

Awesome. Prolly a townie Carolina fan anyway.

When we about 20 games next year, a lot of people here will be scrambling to say,"I really was saying we'd be good again."

When we about 20 games next year, a lot of people here will be scrambling to say,"I really was saying we'd be good again."

Is that a prediction, RJ? Just reminding you that we have a search function here.

Prediction...we should win 18-21 games barring injury next year. The added size, depth and talent should take us close to or in The Dance next year.

Then when we don't win 20 games next year all of the apologists will say "oh we shouldn't expect much since we are relying so much on freshmen".

Barring injuries there is no excuse not to win 18-21 games....though I'm not an "apologist"...well to the Buzzouters not considering him the anti-Christ is being an "apologist".

Back