• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Jim Grobe contract extension thread

I didn't watch Duke or ULM but that game yesterday was not a bad break loss. We had several chances to win the game and didn't do anything to take it by the reigns. That used to be a painful loss but the reality has become that is just Grobe football.

I didn't watch Duke or ULM but that game yesterday was not a bad break loss. We had several chances to win the game and didn't do anything to take it by the reigns. That used to be a painful loss but the reality has become that is just Grobe football.

Correct. It's easy to slab a label like "bad-break loss," "heartbreaker," "tough blow," etc. onto any game you want just by cherrypicking 1-2 or particularly memorable plays and then trumpeting those 1-2 weirdo plays as somehow indicative or representative of the entire game.

Look closer. Our offense was abysmal yesterday. We were outgained by nearly 140 yards, and mustered all of 266 total yards on offense. Our yards per pass was 4.6 compared to 7.3 for Vandy, we committed more penalties than they did, made several utterly terrible calls on 4th and short to punt where any statistician with half a brain cell would've implored you to go for it, and -- most perhaps most indicative of how the game actually went -- we got absolutely murdered in total time of possession: 38 minutes for Vandy vs. 22 for us.

It's not like we played some super-fantastic game and had our hearts ripped out. Yea, the 4th and 11 conversion will obviously stick out as particularly painful, I agree, but our offense was an abomination (again) and we have no excuse to still be putting up offensive performances like that at this point.

We had like 160 yards with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Yesterday's loss, like many others the last few years, can be laid at the feet of a pathetic offense that couldn't generate any 2nd half points.

We gave them multiple opportunities to kick 2 FGs, and they finally did. The defense tried to single handedly win the game in half 2 and almost did.

i wonder what the context was behind his welman dick sucking post game against...was it ncsu? did people come to a consensus about why he did that, in that way?

just figured it was a shot at the people planning the flyover

5 straight losing seasons... gotta think it might be time for Grobe to just retire.

Cutcliffe is about the same age as Grobe and look what he's doing. Don't see Grobe retiring yet- he just needs a new OC.

Enough with giving Lobo a pass- even Grobe himself said in postgame yesterday that there was no 2nd half offense.

Last edited:
Usually he's blaming the players when he makes those kind of statements.

i wonder what the context was behind his welman dick sucking post game against...was it ncsu? did people come to a consensus about why he did that, in that way?

That was going to be the "Fire Wellman" banner game.

Well, those ungrateful, bad fans at Florida just got their OC (Pease) and OL Coach (Davis) fired. Imagine the gall of a fanbase wanting to see their program succeed and voicing their concerns. C'mon LOWFers! Speak up (just do it quietly) and remind all these ungrateful, impatient WF fans just how good they have it. It's wrong to fire underachieving, incompetent coaches. They just need time.

We all just need to wait for Lobotzke to be named coach-in-waiting. Then he can take over for Grobe and RIGHT THIS SHIP!

At the time I don't think anyone realized just how terrible NC State was.

We beat soon to be 0-8 team at home and all we got was crowing about it from the media.

We had like 160 yards with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Yesterday's loss, like many others the last few years, can be laid at the feet of a pathetic offense that couldn't generate any 2nd half points.

We gave them multiple opportunities to kick 2 FGs, and they finally did. The defense tried to single handedly win the game in half 2 and almost did.

That's been Grobe's philosophy from day 1. The offense's job is to not lose the game. The defense's job is to win the game. It has failed more often than it has worked, yet he has never seen cause to change it.

At the time I don't think anyone realized just how terrible NC State was.

agreed, State was 3-1 prior to our game and they looked pretty good in a close loss to #3 Clemson just a couple weeks earlier

"Jim, what do you think about installing the option?"

"Sounds good Lobo, make it happen."

- - -

I personally want no part of any staff that features either participant in the above hypothetical conversation.

Back