• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Jim Grobe contract extension thread

With decent coaching we had enough talent to be 8-4 this season- did not have to beat good teams to do it. Grobe gets to be a hero because he plays games close when in the long run he lost many more close games than he has won and lost a good number of those in the fourth quarter with leads some sizable. Grobe may win more games- I hope he does not have the chance- but Peahead is the greater coach. Not close. Changing coordinators is no longer the answer and that will not happen.

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in at least four games: ULM, Miami and the last two against Dook and Vandy even without Camp, and if Camp's not hurt in the Syracuse game, we likely win that one also= 9-3.

Instead, here we sit at 4-8.:mad:

It wasn't hypothetical.

Nah..I think it went more like this:

"Lobo, we should install the option."

"Let me grab my highlighters, and I'll get started."

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in at least four games: ULM, Miami and the last two against Dook and Vandy even without Camp, and if Camp's not hurt in the Syracuse game, we likely win that one also= 9-3.

Instead, here we sit at 4-8.:mad:

This season:

WF 4-4 in games decided by more than a TD. WF 0-4 in games decided by a TD or less. 0-3 in games decided by a FG. WF lost two games (Miami and Vandy) where WF it led heading into the 4th quarter. WFF (We failed to finish).

Have heard there is a press conference scheduled or being scheduled?

Chip Patterson ‏@Chip_Patterson 1m
Wake Forest Athletics schedules a news conference scheduled for 4:15 p.m. in Deacon Tower.

Back