• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Legend of Zelda Mafia - TOWN WINS

Also, I AA'd myself so there wouldn't be any controversy. Island was gonna give me the benefit of the doubt, I think.

You were probably right about the roleblock on you but at the time I thought I had two nights left since if I was wrong deac6 was going first. Figured it was a de facto investigation on you; you were active but never really got any heat - would've been the obvious hitter for Mafia at that stage if you were bad. Cleared you when the hit went through and j didn't need to consider you a RB option again.

Conversely say I roleblock lokis there and redwing hits. It doesn't clear lokis and then I have to consider roleblocking him again next night with a WIFOM mind game of if I reallllly think he's Mafia then Mafia is going to use him for the next night hit the night after I block him and it goes through. It just wasn't going to give any meaningful info unless I stopped the hit.

The following night though if I'm wrong I'm dead so I don't get the investigation aspect of clearing who I blocked since I'd be dead and not be able to say who I blocked. So at that point the most utility was going for the person I thought was the biggest Mafia lock and cross my fingers.

That was why I blocked you.

Mafia didn't have a ton of powers. Mafia 2 had 1 extra off night hit, one augmented hit (which we originally thought was an additional hit) and Toogs' weird power which somehow didn't get activated at all this game. I thought for sure he would be carrying votes early on, but even if it activated, it could have hit anyone. Mafia one had immune from night hits after Link and Zelda were dead (the only other night hits were from indys), the swapper role (which would have been powerful if MM didn't die that night) and the janitor role. Not a ton to work with there.

WE should have just had you two vote for me, someone would have gotten on. It's a pretty random role but again that's pro-mafia in theory

I have never played a split maf in which the rules indicate you are actually all one team. Typically mafias want to win without joining. So that was interesting. A cool way to go from there would be to have us all know each other but not be able to comm.

That makes sense. In hindsight I could have gone to the RSF post or something like that and questioned why he cleared Toogs and said I wasn't feeling that or something. I was just afraid to since he had so little heat on him and I thought me calling him out would draw a lot of attention.

Mafia, was I on your radar at all before I claimed?

Someone said they thought you were "something" I believe. Our chat was pretty dead, we mostly came in at deadlines we were around for and picked moves.

You were probably right about the roleblock on you but at the time I thought I had two nights left since if I was wrong deac6 was going first. Figured it was a de facto investigation on you; you were active but never really got any heat - would've been the obvious hitter for Mafia at that stage if you were bad. Cleared you when the hit went through and j didn't need to consider you a RB option again.

Conversely say I roleblock lokis there and redwing hits. It doesn't clear lokis and then I have to consider roleblocking him again next night with a WIFOM mind game of if I reallllly think he's Mafia then Mafia is going to use him for the next night hit the night after I block him and it goes through. It just wasn't going to give any meaningful info unless I stopped the hit.

The following night though if I'm wrong I'm dead so I don't get the investigation aspect of clearing who I blocked since I'd be dead and not be able to say who I blocked. So at that point the most utility was going for the person I thought was the biggest Mafia lock and cross my fingers.

That was why I blocked you.

That's fair. I am partially biased, but I thought at the time I was the most clear of non investigations.

That's fair. I am partially biased, but I thought at the time I was the most clear of non investigations.

In my head you fell in the category above numbers Lokis and redwing but below Da, Tejas, and damo when it came to alignment. That's where the utility came from (safe hitter, not civ lock). Jtp has a category unto himself.

I'm going to shoot for starting my big ass Fallout game a week from Monday if we want to have a smaller game or two next week.

Also big shout out to Da who somehow had nearly 250 posts, and only like 20 of them were about sandwiches

Also big shout out to Da who somehow had nearly 250 posts, and only like 20 of them were about sandwiches

I was uber civ, was trying to draw a hit all game, but I guess I sucked just a bit too much. I mean, they hit gouda for fuchs sake.

its-like-we-finish-each-others-sandwiches.jpg

Also I freaked out the night Mystery died be caused I read his write up as he actually stole my powers (not realizing my name was given as an example). I told Island he messed up, and wasn't until a bit later I realized he hadn't actually stolen my powers

I tried to draw a night hit when I got controlled by insinuating that I might be immune from control

Just to be clear, the following things all happened the same night.

1. Eagles role blocked knight
2. Tsy controlled Eagles and made him role block knight
3. Knight tried to protect Tim
4. Mafia hit Tim with an unblock able hit
5. Tim killed mystery
6. Mystery copied tim's power and killed someone else

Back