• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Lynch Nomination

So it must be asked, is this why Lynch's nomination was held up? She's been working on this case against FIFA for several years. A month on the job she comes out guns blazing against some of the most influential people in the world.

You know the answer already.

So it must be asked, is this why Lynch's nomination was held up? She's been working on this case against FIFA for several years. A month on the job she comes out guns blazing against some of the most influential people in the world.

Aren't you making a big assumption that US Senators actually know who she is and what she's been doing the last few years? You're giving them a lot of credit.

Aren't you making a big assumption that US Senators actually know who she is and what she's been doing the last few years? You're giving them a lot of credit.

I don't think it's a big assumption that they did some research on her after she was nominated.

It's a crazy theory but this was a crazy hold up and this is a crazy takedown of FIFA.

I don't think it's a big assumption that they did some research on her after she was nominated.

It's a crazy theory but this was a crazy hold up and this is a crazy takedown of FIFA.

I don't think it's a big assumption either. I think Ph is onto something here. She likely rattled a few cages with her investigation and it was hitting too close to home.

It's pretty much impossible that in a scheme involving bribery and corruption that the richest country in the world doesn't have some of their money tied up in it as well.

Mitch McConnell doesn't give two fucks about FIFA.

Mitch McConnell doesn't give two fucks about FIFA.

He does care about money...

I think that the hold up and arrests are probably not related, but it's interesting to consider.

US Senators probably didn't know anything about Loretta Lynch or FIFA - but once she got nominated, could be that some lobbyists with ties to FIFA/CONCACAF etc. were up in their ears about this horrible witch hunt she was perpetrating against these job creatin' soccer moguls.

US Senators probably didn't know anything about Loretta Lynch or FIFA - but once she got nominated, could be that some lobbyists with ties to FIFA/CONCACAF etc. were up in their ears about this horrible witch hunt she was perpetrating against these job creatin' soccer moguls.

Isn't Loretta Lynch originally from Greensboro? As a native Winstonian, that alone is sufficient cause for skepticism.

This alone should have been enough to deny her appointment. We're wasting all of these resources on fucking soccer. Who gives a shit? I feel like Iverson should be sitting up at a press conference saying "we're talking about soccer ... not the NFL, not MLB ... soccer".
There are legitimate discussions/arguments about education, police behavior, drugs, etc., and our government is wasting our tax dollars chasing scandals in soccer.

This alone should have been enough to deny her appointment. We're wasting all of these resources on fucking soccer. Who gives a shit? I feel like Iverson should be sitting up at a press conference saying "we're talking about soccer ... not the NFL, not MLB ... soccer".
There are legitimate discussions/arguments about education, police behavior, drugs, etc., and our government is wasting our tax dollars chasing scandals in soccer.

157kbw6.jpg

The most popular sport in the world. Loretta Lynch has a lot of international movers and shakers by the balls.

Then let the rest of the world deal with soccer's problems. We've got enough of our own, and soccer isn't one of them.

People get bribed or otherwise encouraged on a daily basis. It is pretty low on the list of things to be too concerned about when doling out enforcement resources, and those instances involving soccer would be less concerning than most others.

why does the nature of the business matter? what if it was a multinational food corporation like Monsanto?

Of course the nature of the business matters. We enforce all of our criminal action based on the nature of the offense. Selling heroin gets harsher punishment than hocking claritin. Murder gets more resources than public urination. This is soccer.

I just disagree. A corporation that deals in the billions with US and global companies that forces a pay to play environment is not healthy or competitive. It's inherently anti-american, if you're into that shit.

Of course the nature of the business matters. We enforce all of our criminal action based on the nature of the offense. Selling heroin gets harsher punishment than hocking claritin. Murder gets more resources than public urination. This is soccer.

Again, soccer is the most popular sport in the world and FIFA is probably the most powerful entity in sports.

I just disagree. A corporation that deals in the billions with US and global companies that forces a pay to play environment is not healthy or competitive. It's inherently anti-american, if you're into that shit.

Oh, it is extremely competitive. Every big business has pay to play components. How is this different than Volvo shopping its factory to whatever state will give them the best incentives? Or Verizon putting its cell towers on tax-exempt parcels? In some ways the straight cash homey structure is more respectable, because they aren't sugar-coating it.

Back