• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Lynch Nomination

except tax incentives are backed by the local or state government by the consent of The People.

it's not one guy getting a secret bag of cash.

i can't believe you honestly think bribery/corruption is not a big deal. Enforcement of laws against corruption is one of the things that makes western capitalism and republican governance actually work in real life

except tax incentives are backed by the local or state government by the consent of The People.

it's not one guy getting a secret bag of cash.

i can't believe you honestly think bribery/corruption is not a big deal. Enforcement of laws against corruption is one of the things that makes western capitalism and republican governance actually work in real life

How is this different than the purchasing rep giving the account to the company that gives him tickets to the Panthers game? Or a sales rep taking a client out to a nice dinner to close a deal? Obviously the grease numbers are much bigger, but so is the payoff.

How is this different than the purchasing rep giving the account to the company that gives him tickets to the Panthers game? Or a sales rep taking a client out to a nice dinner to close a deal? Obviously the grease numbers are much bigger, but so is the payoff.

flabbergasted

I just disagree. A corporation that deals in the billions with US and global companies that forces a pay to play environment is not healthy or competitive. It's inherently anti-american, if you're into that shit.

But a Private Foundation who does that makes one the Dem front-runner for the Presidency....

What they need to do next is investigate how Fox got the rights to the 2026 World Cup TV Rights without a bidding process. Some shady ass shit went down.

2&2 disagrees with something an AG with a (D) by their name is doing? Shocker.

Did you guys hear, the sun rose this morning?

I honestly can't tell if he's trolling or ignorantly partisan.

Have a read 2&2

CNN Sport ‏@cnnsport 19m19 minutes ago
Why is the U.S. cracking down on FIFA? http://cnn.it/1FOAlQB

Forgive me for not awarding Saeed Ahmed a Pulitzer for his investigative journalism. So basically, somebody got paid to locate soccer games. Again, who gives a shit? And we're spending money chasing this, why?
Even assuming that FIFA officials were bribed to pick Russia and Quatar, so what? They're a voluntary sporting body, not a government. Why do they need a fair or transparent bidding system, the violation of which would bring US criminal charges? If they want to award the location to the highest briber, why shouldn't they be able to? If their member organizations don't like the process, then they can elect different leaders or go form another league. That is an organizational matter, not a black hole for our criminal prosecution resources.
This is as stupid as the government trying to push for a college football playoff.

I think it's the opposite. Republicans are lucky they sucked it up and confirmed her before the FIFA stuff dropped. Would have looked bad for them if she's being portrayed as an international legal hero and can't get approved for U.S. Attorney General

Forgive me for not awarding Saeed Ahmed a Pulitzer for his investigative journalism. So basically, somebody got paid to locate soccer games. Again, who gives a shit? And we're spending money chasing this, why?
Even assuming that FIFA officials were bribed to pick Russia and Quatar, so what? They're a voluntary sporting body, not a government. Why do they need a fair or transparent bidding system, the violation of which would bring US criminal charges? If they want to award the location to the highest briber, why shouldn't they be able to? If their member organizations don't like the process, then they can elect different leaders or go form another league. That is an organizational matter, not a black hole for our criminal prosecution resources.
This is as stupid as the government trying to push for a college football playoff.

Did you miss the part where Nike, a publicly held U.S. corporation, allegedly payed bribes to get sponsorship of the Brazilian national team? You don't think that's something the U.S. government should be involved with?

They broke American law while on American soil.

It is a fairly simple reason for why the charges have been brought. I know you are the anti-regulation guy, but come on...

doesn't matter, it's a sport. and one he doesn't particularly care for, thank you very much.

Did you miss the part where Nike, a publicly held U.S. corporation, allegedly payed bribes to get sponsorship of the Brazilian national team? You don't think that's something the U.S. government should be involved with?

Maybe he thinks so now.

THANKS, OBAMA!

I would bet that Nike, a publicly held U.S. corporation, paid/pays lots of money to get sponsorship of Michael Jordan. Should the U.S. government be involved with that as well? Some call it bribes, others call it "agent's commission", others call it marketing expenses, others call it salary. But he wasn't putting his name on those shoes for free, and he wasn't the only one getting paid.

If these guys hadn't broken the law, it wouldn't be a problem. I can't believe the mid-30s, silver-spoon having assholes who paid $25K a year to go to Wake and then want to spend all day posting on message boards want to stick up for criminals instead of standing up for the God-fearing law enforcement officers who are out there just trying to keep the public safe. Fuck you if you don't support the FBI.

Back