• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The most perfect storm?

Where are all these Big Apple pooches dropping deuces tonight? Hopefully their owners had plenty of newspapers.

Side of an apartment was blown off:

nyc-8th-ave-apartment-wall.jpg

How is all the furniture and pictures on the wall still in place? No wind geting in there?

Kathryn Schulz ‏@kathrynschulz
Verified, & worst news I've heard so far: NYU hospital generator failed. Personnel manually evacuating PICU & NICU down 9 flights of stairs.

Definitely the worst I've heard.

Somewhere else said the Coney Island Hospital is on fire. (didn't even know that was a thing. Not verified that I see yet)

based on the matching furnitures, i'd bet that's a hotel of some sort... in which case they'd be attached to the wall. just a thought.

where is there no wind? the jersey shore was practically destroyed... all the way from cape may to new york city.

About 10-15 miles from the Deleware memorial bridge in Salem County NJ, no wind for the past 3+ hours so far, which to me would indicate if "in the eye" like a 60 mile wide or larger eye, which seems large to me, and why I was asking how large a typical eye would be.

more wondering why there's no real reported wind all day on the projected path of the storm, as the board meteorologists assured me there would be.

What do you mean no wind? They had gusts of 80-100 mph in the parts of Jersey where the storm ultimately made landfall. Hell I'm 150-200 miles north of that and we had gusts up to 65 mph.

David Shuster ‏@DavidShuster
NYU hospital update: patients evacuated to Sloan Kettering and Mt. Sinai hospitals. Staff/Ambulance/EMT's saved many lives. #heroes.

What do you mean no wind? They had gusts of 80-100 mph in the parts of Jersey where the storm ultimately made landfall. Hell I'm 150-200 miles north of that and we had gusts up to 65 mph.

Did I read that you lost power? Back on?

Did I read that you lost power? Back on?

Never lost it, it just flickered a lot and I lost cable. So that's not bad at all. There are some trees down around my apartment but nothing serious. Wind is still blowing 15-20 but the rain has stopped for now.

The damage this did to Jersey and New York is crazy.

AWAR - the article on Oyster Creek mentions the nuclear plant like within 15 miles that sits right on the Delaware River. That thing is RIGHT next to the water and supposedly could be a risk if the River goes up like 10 feet.

We're about 75 miles NW of where it made landfall, directly in the path of where the hurricane was tracking. Has been eeerily quiet from multiple sources (half the people on my facebook live there) etc. So its 75 miles of straight land it crossed over.

Last edited:
Back