• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mueller Investigation Is in Mortal Danger

the dems are peddling conspiracy theories, i.e. Trump conspired with the Russians to steal the election of 2016, and the dem base, the lefty msm, and a number of our posters have gone bonkers over this highly dubious conspiracy theory,

maybe you should have noticed,

I guess Putin and his cronies are kind-hearted people who just want poor Donnie and his family to be prosperous while expecting nothing in return. I mean lots of self-made billionaires pay nearly twice as much as a property is listed at when there have been no other bids for six months. Yep, I am sure he got rich overpaying by tens of millions of dollars for properties and businesses.

I'm sure it was 100% coincidence that so many Russian oligarchs and mobsters bought places at Trump Tower to run their money laundering scheme out of there. It was also coincidence that the lawyer who went to the Trump Tower meeting with Donnie, Jr. and Jared represented these criminals. And it was a further coincidence that AG Jeff Sessions personally took over the case and let everyone off without any jail and tiny, tiny fine in relation to the crime. Wait a second, maybe people usually get off for money-laundering over $230Million, conspiracy, tax fraud and other felonies with a $5.9M fine, no repayment of taxes and no jail time.

Trump said he had nothing to do with Russian investors, yet Russian mobster Felix Sater was involved with Trump Soho. That's nothing and the Russians wanted nothing back from that deal.

Oh yeah, Trump is telling the truth and Putin would never want anything for having his own bank, VEB, give Trump Toronto a nine figures while the property was in bankruptcy. Just because no other bank on the planet would touch this loan doesn't mean Putin expects anything in return.

These are just a few of the direct, unimpeachable events when Putin or his people were directly giving Trump tens and hundreds of millions of dollars. It was out of the kindness of their hearts and they would never expect anything in return.

You can pretty much substitute Sailor for Trump in this op-ed.

Trump’s ‘No collusion!’ cry is getting increasingly desperate

You know how if you repeat a word over and over, eventually it starts to sound strange to your ear, like merely a random collection of sounds? That is apparently what President Trump is doing with the word “collusion.” Say it often enough, and perhaps it will lose all meaning.

That’s just one of the things that comes through in this bizarre and disturbing interview Trump conducted at the Trump International Golf Club with Michael Schmidt of the New York Times, apparently on the spur of the moment and with no aides there to protect him. As we’ve almost come to expect by now, when Trump speaks at length without a script, he skitters back and forth along the line that divides the comical from the terrifying, telling one obvious lie after another, making endless digressions that devolve into incomprehensible word salad, and generally sounding like someone with only the most tenuous grip on his faculties.

But there’s one thing he’s very clear about wanting everyone to know: He and his campaign did not collude with Russia during 2016. In fact, without being prompted he returned again and again to the topic, repeating the word “collusion” no fewer than 23 times:

“Frankly there is absolutely no collusion…Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion. There is no collusion…I think it’s been proven that there is no collusion…I can only tell you that there is absolutely no collusion…There’s been no collusion…There was no collusion. None whatsoever…everybody knows that there was no collusion. I saw Dianne Feinstein the other day on television saying there is no collusion [note: not true]…The Republicans, in terms of the House committees, they come out, they’re so angry because there is no collusion…there was collusion on behalf of the Democrats. There was collusion with the Russians and the Democrats. A lot of collusion…There was tremendous collusion on behalf of the Russians and the Democrats. There was no collusion with respect to my campaign…But there is tremendous collusion with the Russians and with the Democratic Party…I watched Alan Dershowitz the other day, he said, No. 1, there is no collusion, No. 2, collusion is not a crime, but even if it was a crime, there was no collusion. And he said that very strongly. He said there was no collusion…There is no collusion, and even if there was, it’s not a crime. But there’s no collusion…when you look at all of the tremendous, ah, real problems [Democrats] had, not made-up problems like Russian collusion.“

It should go without saying that no Democrats have said there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. Some have said that we don’t yet have definitive proof that there was a conspiracy at work, but none have proclaimed Trump exonerated in the way he’s claiming. And Trump’s claim that Democrats were the ones colluding with Russia is simply nonsensical, likely plucked from an attempt Republicans and the conservative media made a couple of months ago to execute an “I know you are but what am I” strategy on this scandal that was so ludicrous it isn’t worth revisiting in any detail (you can read about it here if you care).

Keep Reading

This is one of those moments when you are reminded that the president has the majestic resources of the U.S. government at his disposal, yet prefers to learn the truth of what’s going on in the world from the trio manning the couch on “Fox & Friends.” So perhaps it’s unsurprising that he thinks he can convince America of his innocence by merely repeating the words “There was no collusion” again and again. What is blindingly obvious is that Trump is very, very concerned that people might be thinking he and his campaign colluded with the Russians.

That doesn’t necessarily mean they did and he’s desperate to cover it up; it could also mean that he regards such collusion as a terrible betrayal of the country he loves and wants to make sure no one falsely concludes he would countenance such a thing. But we already know that officials on his campaign (and in his own family) had repeated contacts with representatives of the Russian government and others connected with the Russian government. That’s not in question. We also know that the topic of many of those conversations was whether Russia would provide the Trump campaign with damaging information on Hillary Clinton (see here, here and here). The most generous interpretation of those contacts is that people on both sides were interested in colluding but the operation never got off the ground.

There are a hundred questions that need to be answered before this is all over (to take just one: If Michael Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador were routine and appropriate, why did he feel the need to lie to the FBI about them?). What we don’t know is where Trump himself fits into this picture. So far, the only point at which we know of his involvement is that the president personally dictated the ham-handedly misleading statement Donald Trump Jr. released after the news broke of that fateful meeting that he, Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort had with a group

Did every other contact the campaign had with Russia happen without Trump’s knowledge? It might have. He may be so insistent that “There was no collusion” because he himself is utterly innocent. It’s also possible that he sees the collusion question as his area of greatest political and legal danger, which it may or may not be; at the moment there’s more evidence that he committed obstruction of justice, which is a separate question.

But there’s something important to keep in mind when we’re interpreting Trump’s words and actions: For someone who fancies himself a genius, he is almost completely lacking in any real guile. He doesn’t play eight-dimensional chess. His lies are obvious and straightforward, clearly false at the moment they leave his lips. His strategies require no deconstruction or disentanglement to understand. He’s almost always doing exactly what he appears to be doing.

So if he sounds like a pathetic perp on “Law & Order,” crying “I don’t know the guy! I wasn’t there! I didn’t do it!,” and it looks as though he thinks if he just says he’s innocent over and over then you’ll believe him, that’s probably what’s happening. But sooner or later, we’re going to find out the truth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-card-b:homepage/story&utm_term=.0a75dbc8949b

the dems are peddling conspiracy theories, i.e. Trump conspired with the Russians to steal the election of 2016, and the dem base, the lefty msm, and a number of our posters have gone bonkers over this highly dubious conspiracy theory,

The dems are peddling theories of conspiracy not conspiracy theories. There is a difference. Theories of conspiracy are attempts to explain all the lying and suspicious meetings/emails/etc. that the Trump and his associates have had with Russians during the campaign and transition when we know the Russians were trying to influence our election outcome; conspiracy theories are crazy ideas pulled out of thin air that ignore data and evidence, like Obama is a secret Muslim who uses UN black helicopters to plant ISIS gorillas into sharia law outposts in the Arkansas Ozarks.

ETA: Also, go answer my questions on the Jerusalem Embassy Thread.

Former US attorney under Obama. Current Alabama law prof.

Trump doesn't think he's fucked because Trump thinks he's done nothing wrong. And he's probably done very little wrong as far as becoming president. He's probably done quite a bit wrong in acquiring his wealth.

The average person does not think talking to an ambassador during Transition is a bad thing.

Not a single person on earth cares about talking to an ambassador during transition until there’s an R or D attached to who is doing the talking, and then about a quarter of the country will pretend to care.

Rich...a BS conspiracy Rep saying Dems are peddling conspiracy theories. You wonder why nobody listens to anything you say.

Not a single person on earth cares about talking to an ambassador during transition until there’s an R or D attached to who is doing the talking, and then about a quarter of the country will pretend to care.

It’s cute that you think this is the only thing being investigated.

But it’s disturbing that a campaign negotiating quid pro quo with a foreign country doesn’t bother you because there is an R attached.

It’s cute that you think this is the only thing being investigated.

But it’s disturbing that a campaign negotiating quid pro quo with a foreign country doesn’t bother you because there is an R attached.

I feel fairly comfortable knowing that there was no quid pro quo negotiated with a foreign country, because if there were the main contact certainly wouldn't have been this guy

Rob-Goldstone-2009.jpg

Part of the quid pro quo was letting the Russian lawyer's clients off with barely a slap on the pinkie finger (not even the wrist).

I feel fairly comfortable knowing that there was no quid pro quo negotiated with a foreign country, because if there were the main contact certainly wouldn't have been this guy

Rob-Goldstone-2009.jpg

Hopefully this is a joke because this fat fuck is far from being the main contact.

Hopefully this is a joke because this fat fuck is far from being the main contact.

Best I can tell the most damning evidence anyone has so far is that a meeting that took place between a russian journalist and Donald Jr., Kushner & Manafort in which nothing significant was supposedly discussed but which was setup by this guy and the big deal is that some of them either failed to disclose the meeting or lied about it taking place. Wouldn't that then make him the main contact?

That's the general basis for my assumpion of this whole thing being a nothingburger. Look at the dude.

Last edited:
Any burgers this guy is involved with aren’t nothing.

Touche. However, if there was material contact, then why would senior aides still be taking meetings setup by said behemoth come July of last year?

Hope != Reality, no matter how many people on twitter you follow are hoping. And Russians realizing they'd have a better chance with Trump versus Clinton doesn't make Trump a traitor.

Last edited:

“The grand jury room looks like a Bernie Sanders rally,” my source said. “Maybe they found these jurors in central casting, or at a Black Lives Matter rally in Berkeley [Calif.]”

Bernie, BLM, Berkeley... does anyone have bingo?

Last edited:
Trump and his cabal need to be much, much more fearful of the money laundering probe as it is also a NY State crime as well as a federal crime. The Trump group of Russian agents and mob associates has no protection in NY state.

Back