• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mueller Investigation Is in Mortal Danger

why don't you demand investigations to follow the Clinton cash?

Because Clinton is NOT the president. If Trump had not gotten the most votes in the electoral college, then no one would care about investigating him.

Because Clinton is NOT the president. If Trump had not gotten the most votes in the electoral college, then no one would care about investigating him.

It would still be worth investigating Russian interference in the election even if it didn’t work.

Never thought I would see the day where a Republican Congressmen is openly calling for a purge of the FBI. I'm old enough to remember when the GOP respected the rule of law and admonished other countries for dictatorial moves.

When was that? The GOP does what is politically expedient. That’s it. Right now, it’s politically expedient to call out the FBI.

Sorry. When did the GOP respect the rule of law?

One thing I didn’t realize until recently was how Republicans went out of their way to stonewall the Watergate investigation.

The GOP is only for the rule of law when it benefits them.

Very good read. I’d love to hear sailor’s thoughts on the deconstruction of the GOP playbook he’s been following.

you are simply parroting the party line for partisan dems

a rational person would understand that the problems referred to are not merely problems of the Trump presidency but problems for both parties and would not allow themselves to be overwhelmed by the obviously partisan hysteria of investigating only one side and trying at all costs to obstruct and debilitate the Trump presidency

everyone should be deeply concerned about what TDS is doing to the political system and the country

the allegations are certainly unprecedented, but allegations are just allegations, and politically motivated ones at that

charges of "whataboutism" are just a hapless bullshit efforts to deflect from Democrat malfeasance

Holy shit just saw this post. What the hell sailor. You’re blind as shit to this.

This is a good read.

The Goals Of The GOP’s Anti-Mueller Campaign And Their Likelihood For Success

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...nd-their-likelihood-for-success/?ex_cid=538fb

Given the tribal and fiercely partisan nature of modern politics, I've never thought that Trump's base would abandon him over the Mueller investigation. Even if Mueller indicts Trump himself, I think the vast majority of his supporters will somehow rationalize sticking with him and will blame it all on Mueller. The hope is that everyone not in Trump's base (the great majority of the country) will still support Mueller. Nixon still had around 25-30% of the country supporting him even in the last days of Watergate. The big difference between then and now is that the right wing has major news media outlets that will go all-out in support of Trump. Fox News is already attacking Mueller and the FBI on a daily, even hourly, basis.

Given the tribal and fiercely partisan nature of modern politics, I've never thought that Trump's base would abandon him over the Mueller investigation. Even if Mueller indicts Trump himself, I think the vast majority of his supporters will somehow rationalize sticking with him and will blame it all on Mueller. The hope is that everyone not in Trump's base (the great majority of the country) will still support Mueller. Nixon still had around 25-30% of the country supporting him even in the last days of Watergate. The big difference between then and now is that the right wing has major news media outlets that will go all-out in support of Trump. Fox News is already attacking Mueller and the FBI on a daily, even hourly, basis.

Yeah you bring up a really good point that touches on what some of the author talked about. I've also heard the same theory from a few other people. Basically...Trump knows he's fucked and his only chance of survival is doubling down on support from his base. If he throws out enough red meat (Charlottesville, travel ban, "tough" talk, etc) he has an opportunity to solidify the base to the point where it becomes difficult to impeach and nearly impossible to lose public support over an indictment. He likely knows he's lost 60% of the country so extending an olive branch to his opponents is useless. So we get more divisive Donald to appease the base because it's his only chance of survival.

6-12 months ago I would have said we're underestimating Republican voters' ability to think independently. Now I'm not so sure that's the case.

Right. Republicans have trained their base to believe conspiracy theories, not to trust mainstream media, and to believe what they hear from conservative media. The payoff is the 50% or more of Republicans who will continue to trust Trump no matter what.

Trump knows he's fucked and his only chance of survival is doubling down on support from his base.

Trump doesn't think he's fucked because Trump thinks he's done nothing wrong. And he's probably done very little wrong as far as becoming president. He's probably done quite a bit wrong in acquiring his wealth.

The average person does not think talking to an ambassador during Transition is a bad thing.

Right. Republicans have trained their base to believe conspiracy theories, not to trust mainstream media, and to believe what they hear from conservative media. The payoff is the 50% or more of Republicans who will continue to trust Trump no matter what.

the dems are peddling conspiracy theories, i.e. Trump conspired with the Russians to steal the election of 2016, and the dem base, the lefty msm, and a number of our posters have gone bonkers over this highly dubious conspiracy theory,

maybe you should have noticed,

Trump doesn't think he's fucked because Trump thinks he's done nothing wrong. And he's probably done very little wrong as far as becoming president. He's probably done quite a bit wrong in acquiring his wealth.

The average person does not think talking to an ambassador during Transition is a bad thing.

if these things are not obvious to you, then you are blinded by your leftist ideology

Back