• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mueller Investigation Is in Mortal Danger

Haha no....that's actually not intentional. But pretty funny now that you called me out on it.

Although as a general rule I don't pay a ton of attention to accurately spelling the names of those I don't respect (Janine Pirro is another one).

Every single time i saw the name it made me literally laugh out loud. Jerrad. Lolol. I hope it sticks

Also i read that article on a plane. Very long, but very interesting. I thought JERRAD and ivanka came off slightly better than i thought they would. Bannon is also insane.

I do think Bannon's motivations are misunderstood. Good article. And yes, he's not going anywhere.

Well an internet guy that lives in Europe says Mueller hasn’t found anything. Shut the investigation down now !

NED, thanks for posting. I have not had a chance to read the article - it's past midnight here - but I will and then comment. As a preliminary, however, yes, I think Bannon has probably thought about running for president.

Bump

In private testimony before the House Intelligence Committee this week, McCabe told lawmakers that Comey informed him of conversations he had with President Donald Trump soon after they happened, according to three sources with knowledge of the matter.

The testimony suggests McCabe could corroborate Comey's account, including Trump's ask that Comey show him loyalty, which the President has strongly disputed. Comey previously testified that he briefed some of his senior colleagues at the FBI about this conversation with Trump.

Top FBI official grilled on Comey, Clinton in Hill testimony

No wonder Republicans are trying so hard to discredit McCabe.

Thanks for your patience. After several interruptions, including once falling asleep while reading the article, I finally got through it. This kind of detailing and commentary on almost day-to-day bureaucratic infighting is not exactly my interest. I did not learn anything particularly interesting about Bannon, or stuff that people had not already surmised or known. Anyway, this kind of reporting is just not my thing.

On Kushner's meeting with the Russian lawyer: if that's what you want to base a case on Trump conspiring with the Russian government to steal the 2018 presidential election, then go ahead and make Trump's day 'cause you aint got much.

Trump has been financed by the Russians for years. He's owed them for about a decade. This ain't going to be just about what happened in 2016. As I've said since the winter of 15-16, FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Thanks for your patience. After several interruptions, including once falling asleep while reading the article, I finally got through it. This kind of detailing and commentary on almost day-to-day bureaucratic infighting is not exactly my interest. I did not learn anything particularly interesting about Bannon, or stuff that people had not already surmised or known. Anyway, this kind of reporting is just not my thing.

On Kushner's meeting with the Russian lawyer: if that's what you want to base a case on Trump conspiring with the Russian government to steal the 2018 presidential election, then go ahead and make Trump's day 'cause you aint got much.

Ummm that's far from the only thing that's there.

Honest question: what would it take for you to be concerned about Trump or his campaign colluding with Russia to interfere in the election? What evidence would make you say "Oh shit this concerns me."?

Honest question: what would it take for you to be concerned about Trump or his campaign colluding with Russia to interfere in the election? What evidence would make you say "Oh shit this concerns me."?

If Russians used a sonic ray gun to make Hillary faint at the 9/11 memorial

As I have said before, the Russia, Russia, Russia mania is barking up the wrong tree. If you want to get Trump either finances, or perhaps women is your best bet.

So no manner of collusion with Russia would concern you.

Do you not think Russia interference is worth investigating at all?

As I have said before, the Russia, Russia, Russia mania is barking up the wrong tree. If you want to get Trump either finances, or perhaps women is your best bet.

Much of his financial dealings for at least the past decade are intertwined with Russia and other terrorists. Hell, Trump's failed project in Azerbaijan was primarily funded by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Trump Tower Toronto (since renamed) was re-financed by Putin's VSB Bank. Trump's sale of a property in FL for $95M (close to $40M OVER asking price -with no other bidders) was to a close associate of Putin. That person has never gone to the property, but did show up at a minimum of five Trump campaign events (the buyer's private plane was photographed at these places).

Add to this all the Russian purchases at Trump properties, the money laundering scheme that was housed at Trump Tower; Trump's sons telling the world about Russian investment; the sweetheart deal Sessions personally gave Veselnitskaya and much more.

Does anyone honestly think, Trump isn't giving Putin and his cronies all sorts of benefits for all these hundreds of millions of dollars?

So no manner of collusion with Russia would concern you.

Do you not think Russia interference is worth investigating at all?

I think hacking is a problem, not just by Russia but even more by China, and of course there are others. Everybody is trying to hack everybody else, friend and foe alike.

I don't have a problem with investigating foreign interference in US elections, either by Russia or anybody else, but I find the current partisan hatchet job, the likely intent of which is to distract, harass and obstruct the Trump presidency, to be dishonest and ultimately counterproductive.

The really big problem with foreign interference in US elections is in campaign finance. But no one is much concerned about that.

If you are really concerned about outside influence and interference in our elections, then concern yourself with the hacking, lobbying and campaign financing. If you really think that these problems only, or primarily, concern Trump, Russia and the election campaign of 2018 then you are blinded by partisanship and being very foolish.

Let's see the NSA was an active foreign agent while working in the WH. The Campaign Manager was a foreign agent who was employed by Russians for much of the past decade to further their political influence. The son and son-in-law of POTUS actively sought out Russian aid for personal and political reasons. POTUS has been kissing Putin's ass publicly for over two years. POTUS received hundreds of millions of dollars from Russians. EVERY US intel agency agree that the Russians hacked our election. Russians spent money and created bots on Facebook and Twitter.

But sailor this is a "a partisan hatchet job". Even though the Ass't. AG who named Mueller is a lifelong Republican.

Even for sailor, this is stunning. Predictable but stunning.

I think hacking is a problem, not just by Russia but even more by China, and of course there are others. Everybody is trying to hack everybody else, friend and foe alike.

I don't have a problem with investigating foreign interference in US elections, either by Russia or anybody else, but I find the current partisan hatchet job, the likely intent of which is to distract, harass and obstruct the Trump presidency, to be dishonest and ultimately counterproductive.

The really big problem with foreign interference in US elections is in campaign finance. But no one is much concerned about that.

If you are really concerned about outside influence and interference in our elections, then concern yourself with the hacking, lobbying and campaign financing. If you really think that these problems only, or primarily, concern Trump, Russia and the election campaign of 2018 then you are blinded by partisanship and being very foolish.

Sorry but I'm calling you out on BS whataboutism here.

There are certainly other examples of corrupt campaigning but there is no historical precedent for the allegations in this investigation.

And if you think campaign finance (assuming you're defining it as foreign money influencing US elections and policy) is a big problem...then a rational person would assume you are deeply concerned by evidence of Russia influencing a US Presidential election and policy.

Also if you are really that concerned about "hacking" then how do you square a Presidential candidate publicly calling on a foreign adversary to hack his opponent's email?

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the thirty thousand e-mails that are missing,” the Republican nominee had declared. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.” - Don Trump, July 2016

He says he’s interested in campus finance reform but calls foul when an investigation follows the money.

Back