• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mueller Investigation Is in Mortal Danger

As someone that uses a .gov email address at times these accounts aren’t some great mystery. I explained with the Hilary classified emails on how it’s very easy to see how the emails are marked so that was a shitty excuse but also how big of a pain in the ass jumping through the hoops are when you aren’t in a govt building. For privacy every week your weekly reminder of the rules and regulations including a big warning telling you that all communications will be saved and subject to review is shown to you. It’s pretty long because it has a bunch of crap so I’m sure the morons including the dumbass lawyers for trump just clicked ok like it was an iPhone update.

Were also in the very early stages of this investigation despite what Fox News, Jim Jordan and Sailor say.

And Muellers charges are not some fishing expedition either...they are related to the Russian interference investigation. The two big ones are lying to the FBI (about contacts with Russians) and money laundering (Russian money).

Watergate resulted in 60+ indictments over roughly 4 years and the resignation of a President after incontrovertible proof of a crime was uncovered (after 4 years of Nixon and the GOP claiming the whole scandal was fake news).

We're just getting started here.

And memo to Democrats, just over 6 years after that resignation Republicans won the first of three straight Presidential elections and permanent shaped political discourse. The Russia investigation is not a magic bullet.

Wow. Even if the dossier was the reason for the investigation (which it isn’t), we would need an investigation to determine what is true and what is false in the dossier.

Sailor, what would be sufficient information to justify an investigation into Russian interference into the election?

Nothing

Who should conduct such an investigation?

Rush Limbaugh

What is an example of a smoking gun that would convince you there was Russian interference in the election?

Shooting someone on fifth avenue

Again, further proof that sailor is a hypocritical old man loosely tied to reality.

Is he an old man?

He has the naïveté of a recently graduated 22-year old former College Republican. I say this because it's exactly who I used to be and the logic/rationale I held is strikingly similar to that time of my life.

I don't have time to go through each one of these but good god this is wrong on so many levels.

Let's take #3 for example. There is no expectation of privacy when using a .gov email address (or any organizational email address for that matter). Every member of the transition knew this (or should have) based on sheer common sense or the statement they signed that explicitly states this.

Question: if Mueller obtained the emails illegally or improperly as you suggest then why hasn't Trump's legal team fought this in court? His legal team has written a letter to Congress...that's it.

Answer: because they know what Mueller's team did is perfectly fucking legal...and they are attacking the move to discredit the investigation because rubes like you lap up everything that comes out of Jeannine Pirros gullet.

They will certainly challenge the seizure of the e-mails in court if Mueller tries to use the letters to charge them with a crime. And the judge might rule that Mueller should have gotten a warrant. In any event, by not getting a warrant Mueller took a chance and could end up looking pretty foolish.

Is he an old man?

He has the naïveté of a recently graduated 22-year old former College Republican. I say this because it's exactly who I used to be and the logic/rationale I held is strikingly similar to that time of my life.

then you seem to have devolved

Wow. Even if the dossier was the reason for the investigation (which it isn’t), we would need an investigation to determine what is true and what is false in the dossier.

Sailor, what would be sufficient information to justify an investigation into Russian interference into the election?

Who should conduct such an investigation?

What is an example of a smoking gun that would convince you there was Russian interference in the election?

The dossier has not been confirmed. The salacious accusations against Trump in the dossier were a part of opposition research. The FBI and Mueller should explain exactly what part the dossier played in the investigation.

They will certainly challenge the seizure of the e-mails in court if Mueller tries to use the letters to charge them with a crime. And the judge might rule that Mueller should have gotten a warrant. In any event, by not getting a warrant Mueller took a chance and could end up looking pretty foolish.

Statement from the special counsels office on obtaining these emails:

"When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner's consent or appropriate criminal process," Peter Carr, a spokesman for the special counsel's office, said in a statement to The Hill.

I'll go out on a limb and say they know what they are doing.

"then you seem to have devolved"

Good

Last edited:

then you seem to have devolved

First of all, according to Mueller's camp, all laws were followed. the assertions by Faux News are mythical. Secondly, it doesn't matter whether you have .gov or any employer email, those emails are owned by the employer not the employee.

Like usual, you have no clue what you are talking about.

The dossier has not been confirmed. The salacious accusations against Trump in the dossier were a part of opposition research. The FBI and Mueller should explain exactly what part the dossier played in the investigation.

Yes the entire dossier has not been confirmed and never will be.

But enough parts have been confirmed to say it is credible.

Source: Carter Page's testimony is filled with bombshells — and supports key portions of the Steele dossier

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...l-testimony-transcript-steele-dossier-2017-11

Statement from the special counsels office on obtaining these emails:

"When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner's consent or appropriate criminal process," Peter Carr, a spokesman for the special counsel's office, said in a statement to The Hill.

I'll go out on a limb and say they know what they are doing.

"then you seem to have devolved"

Good

what do you think the special counsel is going to say? the whole point is that the courts may rule against the special counsel, when Mueller could have avoided the whole issue entirely

what do you think the special counsel is going to say? the whole point is that the courts may rule against the special counsel, when Mueller could have avoided the whole issue entirely

He HAS done what is right. Only RW lunatics and those who are in jeopardy say otherwise.

sailor knows more about this kind of investigation than Mueller. maybe you should volunteer your services for King and Country.

None of that answers any of my questions.

That team has hundreds of years of legal experience. Do you really think they would be that dumb to improperly obtain emails from a .gov account????

And right now the chance a court "may" rule against Mueller is zero to none because Trump's team hasn't even challenged this in court. Again...because they know it's perfectly legal.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...ore-complaining-about-him-to-congress-2017-12

And just because you and Fox News think a court "may" rule against Mueller's team does not mean Mueller is discrediting himself (point #3 on your original rant).

Last edited:

Funded by Republicans, but facts don't matter anymore...

"A conservative website with strong ties to the Republican establishment triggered the investigation into Donald Trump’s past that ultimately produced the dossier that alleged a compromised relationship between the president and the Kremlin.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/website-with-gop-ties-funded-research-on-trump-dossier

Back