• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Nation saw how Duke wins Games

Said we got the calls - specifically that Duncan got all the calls.
Ahh, but the difference is Duncan was one player and Duke AS A TEAM get most of the calls. Been that way for years and will likely stay that way until K retires in about 15 years (you see he made a deal with the real Devil years ago to live to 100 and coach until around 85 in exchange for his soul. Funny thing is K got the Devil on this one cause he ain't never had a soul)

Duke does get the calls and always has. I will say Kaminsky should've been whistled for an intentional when he bear hugged Okafor.

I think what disturbs me the most is that replay. It was clear as day that it went off Duke but somehow it's Duke ball. They go down and bury a three. Game essentially over at that point. Between that and the shot clock call against Kentucky that should've been reviewed, it makes you wonder why the hell they even have replay.

Sometimes calls are just missed, just like players who have breakaway dunks miss layups. It is called the human element. They reviewed the out of bounds call and couldn't see enough to reverse it. They also could have called Kaminsky for an intentional.

Duke just was the better team down the stretch and beat Wisconsin for the 2nd time this year, just like they beat Michigan State twice. K is the far better coach & Ryan comes off as a whiner and sore loser.

So, let me get this straight: Duke, despite having won no league, or tourney, and being the lowest seed of the top four, got a sweetheart schedule of teams to the final game, and then got the home cooking from the refs in the final. And guess what? They won! Congratulations NCAA. You are a great organization, fair in every way. I know that lining things up so nicely, so that all the parts would fall into place just as planned, took a lot of work on your part but don't you think that it's now time to go back to investigating UNC? Well, maybe not. You cheat, they cheat. It all works out in the end.

they weren't the lowest seed of the top 4

Getting tired of bad officiating coinciding with Duke victories. Its way beyond coincidental and well into causal. You'd think bad reffing would cost them a meaningful game, like it does everyone else. Nah!

Sometimes calls are just missed, just like players who have breakaway dunks miss layups. It is called the human element. They reviewed the out of bounds call and couldn't see enough to reverse it. They also could have called Kaminsky for an intentional.

Duke just was the better team down the stretch and beat Wisconsin for the 2nd time this year, just like they beat Michigan State twice. K is the far better coach & Ryan comes off as a whiner and sore loser.

This just flat-out isn't true. The blown call on the fingertip replay changes the game. If the officials get the call correct - as in what the replay showed and what the entire country could see - there's no way to predict how that game plays out. Maybe Wisconsin wins. Maybe Duke does. That's the point. The officials helped improperly decide the game, and it just so happened to hand Duke another National Championship. Perception is reality.

This just flat-out isn't true. The blown call on the fingertip replay changes the game. If the officials get the call correct - as in what the replay showed and what the entire country could see - there's no way to predict how that game plays out. Maybe Wisconsin wins. Maybe Duke does. That's the point. The officials helped improperly decide the game, and it just so happened to hand Duke another National Championship. Perception is reality.

this was in response to "Duke was the better team down the stretch." While again, the refs screwups are important, you must've turned your TV off with 45 seconds left and didn't watch any of Wisconsin's PATHETIC offense down the stretch. They flat out SUCKED down the stretch. Intermural teams know how to move quicker than they were, down 5 with 45 seconds to play.

jesus christ. in 2015 we can't even get the refs the shots of the court some guy in fucking Tahiti can get?

the ncaa really does not do much right anymore (if they ever did). the bloat and arrogance will lead to significant changes as people are getting fed up and the increased visibility shines a light on their... inconsistent practices e.g. oversight, punishment, refereeing.

just read that article.

so everyone that was saying there was not enough evidence to overturn it was working under the assumption that the reffs saw what viewers saw and agreed there was not enough information to overturn.

now the head of officiating says they did not see "the smoking gun" that home viewers saw prior to the decision but he 1 - saw it after the decision was made 2 - knew the decision was wrong and 3 - chose not to correct the mistake so he did not "influence the outcome of the game." but you did influence it by allowing a blatantly incorrect call stand. i can understand the dilemma but he did exactly what he says he was trying to avoid. at least if he steps in it looks like they are trying to get it right and the video evidence is obvious. i'd rather have every college bball (but dook) fan happy they tried to get the call right than have dook fans angrily crying, "sure it's the right call but you should have let the original call stand so we benefit." then i am not the ncaa.

Back