• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Office Series Finale

DeaconSlim2.0

-------------------------
Reaction score
Anyone going to be watching?

I lost track for a few seasons and have gone back to watch them the last week or two. It was a great show in it's heyday, and honestly Season 9 (this season) has been better than the past few. Had quite a few legit laugh out loud moments.

Probably held on a little too long (should have ended with Steve Carell's exit) but I enjoyed it.

Last week's episode seemed more like a finale than this one if it's just going to be all the characters gathering for a wedding...would have been cool to have it end with them gathering to watch the Documentary air on TV.

Remember when every episode had a five page thread on the old board? I'm not sure another show has left the public consciousness while still airing as the Office did. The Simpsons? American Idol? America's Funniest Home Videos when YouTube was created?

Yea I'm not really sure what caused the mass exodus from The Office...maybe Jim/Pam finally getting together?

It really has been better this season though.

Haven't watched it regularly the past 2 seasons but it had a great run for a while. It wasn't just Michael Scott leaving though. Seasons 5-7 were already a big dropoff from seasons 2-4 (still worth watching at that point but not nearly as good as it was in its prime).

Always loved this show. Sad it's ending. It was going downhill before Michael left, but after that it was a free fall. Did not like the pick of andy to take over as boss.

Remember when every episode had a five page thread on the old board? I'm not sure another show has left the public consciousness while still airing as the Office did. The Simpsons? American Idol? America's Funniest Home Videos when YouTube was created?

This is good insight. Most people probably don't even know America's Funniest Home Videos is still on the air.

Always loved this show. Sad it's ending. It was going downhill before Michael left, but after that it was a free fall. Did not like the pick of andy to take over as boss.

I think the point of Andy was to delay the ascension of Dwight to Regional Manager until the end of the series, and they didn't want another outside hire to interrupt the chemistry of the show in the last season or two.

They pioneered the quick hit setup/punchline openings and the cold opens were one of the things that made The Office so amazing

Watching the retrospective on NBC now....and definitely think Michael's final episode was one of the top 3 of the series...emotional and satisfying.

Jim's goodbye scene with Michael was clearly emotional for them both, and Pam running after him in the airport with no sound was great too.

Seasons 2 and 3 were two of the best seasons of any comedy in TV history. Just flat out brilliant. I gave up halfway through last season because it simply wasn't that good anymore and hadn't been consistently funny since Season 4 IMO, but still feel compelled to watch tonight.

Also, my favorite episode they just showed. When Michael steps on the George Foreman grill.

Will the warehouse mural be shown tonight?

Figured they would show that since it was kind of a plot point this season

so i haven't watched in a few years. can somebody explain what the documentary thing was? i'm a little lost.

Back