• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Office Series Finale

enjoyed the finale. like most the wife and I watched early seasons and not so much lately, but I thought the last few were good and the finale was spot on for this series. The Dwight-Michael "I can't believe you came" "that's what she said" exchange was like the pure distilled essence of Michael's clueless humor.

used to be a big fan, gave up on it, and tried to watch the finale but could only stomach first 15 minutes before I turned it off.

enjoyed the finale. like most the wife and I watched early seasons and not so much lately, but I thought the last few were good and the finale was spot on for this series. The Dwight-Michael "I can't believe you came" "that's what she said" exchange was like the pure distilled essence of Michael's clueless humor.

yep, loved that.

The fanboy in me wishes that the forum with PBS would have included the British Office cast. Yes, I know that's unfeasible and unwieldy but it would have been fun to have Dwight meet Gareth, Jim meet Tim, etc etc.

I enjoyed it, but was overly sappy and it seemed like they had to pay Steve Carrell by the word.

I thought they did a nice job with the finale. Watching the panel in the episode was weird after watching the same type of thing in the retrospective. For some reason, I hadn't really thought about Carrell returning for the finale.

The retrospective was cool. It made me remember why I liked the show so much back in the day, and I think it would be pretty easily rewatchable from seasons 2-5. Not all that surprising most of the highlights were in that time frame.

Yeah, no mention or footage of Robert California. Maybe 1 or 2 Gabe sightings.

Thought the last few episodes and the retrospective were very well done. Love the Jim/ Dwight relationship over the last few shows.

Great finale. Need a new sitcom to carry the torch. The office was the only truly consistent palatable show since Seinfeld. Need another good young mind to step up with a great idea.

Great finale. Need a new sitcom to carry the torch. The office was the only truly consistent palatable show since Seinfeld. Need another good young mind to step up with a great idea.

It was 30 Rock, but they quit while ahead. Parks and Rec has gotten to be pretty fabulous though.

I do too. But I love Parks and Rec and her character. It's like she's a different person on Parks and Rec. When she popped up on SNL last night, I didn't see Leslie Knope at all.

I do too. But I love Parks and Rec and her character. It's like she's a different person on Parks and Rec. When she popped up on SNL last night, I didn't see Leslie Knope at all.

Well she has the benefit of good writing on P&R. She never had that on SNL.

Yeah, no mention or footage of Robert California. Maybe 1 or 2 Gabe sightings.

Thought the last few episodes and the retrospective were very well done. Love the Jim/ Dwight relationship over the last few shows.

man that robert california plotline awful

I'm in the group that watched pretty frequently until the middle of Season 6, then just started tuning into Community instead.

Coming back and watching the retrospective and finale was pretty sweet. The Jim/Dwight relationship was solid. My fiancee cried a bunch.

I enjoyed it, but was overly sappy and it seemed like they had to pay Steve Carrell by the word.

i thought taking the minimalist approach with Steve Carrell was the perfect thing to do. it would have been stupid if the finale had turned into 15 minutes of Michael wrecking Dwight's wedding or something like that. I will grant you the sappy but that has always been a big undercurrent of the show.

Back