• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014-15 MLB Offseason/HOT STOVE Thread

Sawx get Wade Miley from D-Backs for Allen Webster, Rubby De La Rosa, and a minor leaguer.

I'm OK with that.

JRoll traded to the Dodgers and I am so sad.

I went to all of my baseball people in the bar last night and said, "I'm saying good-bye to all of my friends."
Some looked at me with alarm. Others looked at me as if they were awaiting the dropping of the other shoe.

I then told them that I did not want to live in a world where Jimmy Rollins was a Dodger.

Last edited:
hey avalon...

Five more trade ideas for the Phillies

2. Chase Utley to the Nationals for OF Steven Souza and C Jakson Reetz

The Nationals need a second baseman, and though Utley has veto rights over any trade as a 10-and-5 guy, you have to think he'd consider leaving Philly at this point. Utley makes $15 million in 2015 and has $15 million options each of the next three seasons that vest if he gets 500 plate appearances. Souza was a third-round pick way back in 2007 who suddenly exploded in 2014 to hit .350/.432/.590 with 18 home runs and 26 stolen bases. He's ready for the majors but currently blocked in Washington. Reetz is a flyer on a low-level catching prospect.

I can't believe the Dodgers didn't get more than that for Kemp. Otherwise, they have had a couple of good days.

I can't believe the Dodgers didn't get more than that for Kemp. Otherwise, they have had a couple of good days.

Doesn't Kemp really suck at defense now / Didn't they have to eat a lot of Kemp's jumbo contract just to have anyone take him?

hey avalon...

Five more trade ideas for the Phillies

2. Chase Utley to the Nationals for OF Steven Souza and C Jakson Reetz

The Nationals need a second baseman, and though Utley has veto rights over any trade as a 10-and-5 guy, you have to think he'd consider leaving Philly at this point. Utley makes $15 million in 2015 and has $15 million options each of the next three seasons that vest if he gets 500 plate appearances. Souza was a third-round pick way back in 2007 who suddenly exploded in 2014 to hit .350/.432/.590 with 18 home runs and 26 stolen bases. He's ready for the majors but currently blocked in Washington. Reetz is a flyer on a low-level catching prospect.

boooooooooo

I'll cheer for Chuts to win a ring wherever he goes, but I'd really prefer it not be in the NL East. (Also applies to St. Louis and NYC.)

ETA: Reading the rest of that has me excited to tear this thing down, though. Bring me prospects! (And get rid of Papelbon!)

Last edited:
They should hold out for better prospects, especially for Hamels. They need to get a Machado, Andrus type of prospect for Cole.

Porcello for Cespedes. Tigers closing in on trade for unnamed Reds starter.

They should hold out for better prospects, especially for Hamels. They need to get a Machado, Andrus type of prospect for Cole.

With another team taking on his 4/$90, the phils will likely not get a huge return, but should be decent. Not thinking there is a chance they get a top 10 prospect - but should still get some solid prospects

Back