• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

I get CISED for a 75 year old codger that is banging sillys on the side.

wo James McCann starting tonight behind the dish for the Tigs

really excited to see him hit

Tonight, Jerome Williams became the first pitcher since at least 1900 to the same team three times while pitching for three different teams in the same season.

my mutts, you guys! my mutts!

sp matt harvey
sp jacob degrom
sp zack wheeler
sp fatolo colon
sp jon niese
sp dillon gee
sp noah syndergaard
sp rafael montero

It's the reverse of that old Mets job opportunities YT. "Starting pitcher, starting pitcher, starting pitcher..."

Kind of surprised the Braves fired Wren. Made the playoffs the past two years, was praised earlier this year for locking up their young guys long-term, and the team had some serious injuries before the season even started. I guess someone had to take the fall for the struggling offense?

I can't believe the Braves are firing their GM and the Phillies are keeping theirs.

Updated heading into the final week of the season:

ByI_ywlIUAEBWx3.png:large

4 Tigers in the top 25 woop.

Also I'm all :eek:hnoes: going into this final week.

Guilder Rodriguez gets 1st MLB hits

31 year old career minor leaguer gets his first major league hit, and then knocks in the winning run. Great reaction from his family, the team, and the crowd.

"This is one of the best moments of my life," said Rodriguez, who ended an 0-for-6 spell. "My first big league hit, my first RBI, my father in the stands, my wife. This is my second-best moment, after my two daughters were born."

Rodriguez's first MLB hit

Post game interview

Tigers rotation will stay in order this weekend. So it'll be Scherzer, Porcello, Lobstein, Price against Minnesota. That leaves Verlander potentially in line for tiebreaker game or wild card. Maybe another winner-take-all matchup with Verlander in Oakland.

I know you all were curious. I think Dirk starts paying attention to the Tigers around now.

And Sanchez joined the Tigers and will pitch the rest of the [post-]season in the bullpen.

Tigers rotation will stay in order this weekend. So it'll be Scherzer, Porcello, Lobstein, Price against Minnesota. That leaves Verlander potentially in line for tiebreaker game or wild card. Maybe another winner-take-all matchup with Verlander in Oakland.

I know you all were curious. I think Dirk starts paying attention to the Tigers around now.

Is there a potential (although unlikely) scenario that DET has to play a tiebreaker against KC then the wild card then the ALDS?

Back