• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The OFFICIAL 2014 Mother's Basement MLB Season Thread - #dynasty vs. #destiny

Jonathan Papelbon gave up a walk-off walk. He came into the game with a two run lead.

Last edited:
To whomever said they were at PNC Park tonight, I really hope you are still there right now. Also hope you are warm

To whomever said they were at PNC Park tonight, I really hope you are still there right now. Also hope you are warm

Wish we were. Left after 11. We would still be there if our flight wasn't so early. First 5 or 6 innings flew by. Then the game just dragged on. It got pretty chilly just sitting there.

Fuck yeah Chris Heisey. Reds and Cardinals pitching staffs are nasty, I hope my boi Homer throws his 3rd no-no tomorrow afternoon to celebrate that big new contract.

Seconded. I love even though royals are blacked out.

on that note, can someone explain the #shrimpalert hashtag?

came from the Walkoff Walk blog

maybe 5 years back or so, on that blog, they were celebrating a walkoff walk (maybe Werth?), and someone posted this:

and it has stuck since

luls, buddy writes for this blog:

Ok, now, ninth inning, 3-1 lead, closer time, right?

Jonathan Papelbon is, unfortunately, that guy. Let's grade his performance.

Adrian Beltre led off with a single to left. Now, there's really no shame in being beaten by Beltre, he's a solid all-around hitter. So, call this a C. Good effort, Papelbon.

Alex Rios struck out, and, you know, he's not a bad hitter himself, so, hey, not bad. Maybe we're heading north with a 2-1 record! A+.

That brought up Mitch Moreland, who promptly doubled to right. Marlon Byrd got the ball back in in a hurry, keeping the run off the board, so, no immediate damage, but this is a dangerous situation. Luckily, Moreland is really the last of the power threats in the Rangers' lineup, so, okay, we can deal with this. C-.

Jim Adduci. Who the fuck is Jim Adduci? Whoever he is, Adduci rolled one to third, and was able to beat out the throw from Cody Asche. Beltre scored, and Moreland moved up to third. Still a 3-2 lead at this point. But, seriously, Gooberbon, who the fuck is Jim Adduci? D-.

That brought rookie pitching coach Vladimir Putin to the mound for a quick visit, a breather, and, in turn, Leonys Martin to the plate. Martin has a career OPS of .696. So, of course, he singled through the middle, scoring Moreland, and moving Adduci to third. Man. F. Tie game. Papelblownsave. Of course, immediately after this play, Pap666elbon decided it would be worth a solid deathstare back at Chase Utley. Man, Paps, I hate you, but I gotta say, bad life decision there dude. Still, gotta dock you. F-----. That's an F minus minus minus minus minus. Not good, buddy. Still, not over yet.

Donnie Murphy drew a walk. Seriously? What the fuck Paps? You walked Donnie Murphy? Donnie Murphy has been a major league hitter since 2004, and he has 54 fucking walks. FIFTY FOUR WALKS! IN TEN YEARS! What the hell? F--------------------. That's an F with twenty minuses. That's like a negative A. But, again, not over.

Bases loaded, and Passholebon has stumblefucked his way around to the top of the order... bringing up Choo. Choo, he of the .390 career on-base percentage.

Jonathan Papelbon walked Shin-Soo Choo with the bases loaded. I mean, as terrible as this is, it's just itself. It is what it is. I can't even grade this. Papshits gets a ∅. You just gotta laugh.

MASN and Time Warner Cable are never going to work out their dispute, are they? I will literally never see a baseball game featuring the Washington Nationals or Baltimore Orioles on television.

Just saw on a message board, somebody tore down the updated MLB At Bat app and found some Chromecast icons in there. So it looks like support is coming soon.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-chromecast/375573-mlb-bat-readying-chromecast-support.html

Just in time for me to have already bought a new roku stick. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback re: the Roku and MLB.tv. I do think a lot of it was on the early Roku XR end. I had to stop using my old Roku for Netflix because it can't offer an adequate stream (whereas the Chromecast offers a perfect picture).

Back