• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2014 NFC South Champion Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brews, what are you going to do with that avi?

What do you guys think of the possibility of Hakeem Nicks coming back home?

Nicks' dad used to hang out at the same bar as me to watch the Giants when he first got drafted. He would go on and on about how the Panthers should have taken him, and also about how much of a douche Coughlin was. I don't think the Giants are going to pay him with Randle coming on as well as he did opposite Cruz, but I'm also not sure the Panthers will have any room to pay him what he could command elsewhere. He has his ring, so I imagine he is going to go after the biggest payday he can for this contract.

I love the Cam Newton 'Duke flop' at the end.

SUPERMAN.gif

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Didn't get a chance until now to weigh in on yesterday's game. Go Seahawks.

I think we should go after two WRs this draft. Go after one between rounds 1-2 and the other one in the later rounds. Deep class.

As long as SF or NE don't win it I'm fine.

I like Peyton but also kind of enjoy the fallout when he loses.

Richard Sherman is my favorite non-Panther in the league.

I'll always love Corch Fox.

I hate everything about the Pats and Niners. Fuck both of those teams, QBs, and coaches.

Yeah, I'm all in in Seattle this weekend.

The Panthers delayed the activation of my Seahawks bandwagon membership. I'm all in now.

I wouldn't mind an NFC team winning. Both Seattle or SF would have to really start paying a sizeable ante to some of their guys (seriously, how is SF under the cap right now? Ridiculous) which could hinder them moving forward.

Last Super Bowl team to even win a playoff game the next season was the '04-05 Pats, so there might be something there.

I wouldn't mind an NFC team winning. Both Seattle or SF would have to really start paying a sizeable ante to some of their guys (seriously, how is SF under the cap right now? Ridiculous) which could hinder them moving forward.

Last Super Bowl team to even win a playoff game the next season was the '04-05 Pats, so there might be something there.

Seattle is riding the gravy train with Russell right now, as he only counts about $690,000 against their cap. Perhaps the most valuable asset in football is having a quality QB at a dirt cheap price.

Y'all badly need a WR, but Watkins, Evans and Lee will be gone by the time you pick. Benjamin may rise to the 1st depending on what time he runs at the combine. The Penn St WR could be there when you pick. Could also use some secondary help.

This is the most up to date list of our free agents that I can find. Some big decisions in there.

Derek Anderson QB UFA
Colin Cole DT UFA
Graham Gano K UFA
Ted Ginn Jr. WR UFA
Jordan Gross LT, T UFA
Captain Munnerlyn CB UFA
Richie Brockel FB RFA
Ben Hartsock TE UFA
Mike Mitchell S UFA
Jeff Byers C RFA
Greg Hardy DE UFA
Brandon LaFell WR RFA
Quintin Mikell S UFA
Chris Scott G RFA
Jordan Senn OLB, LB UFA
Travelle Wharton G UFA
Domenik Hixon WR UFA
Byron Bell RT, T RFA
Garry Williams G RFA

Believe Hardy has said he would be fine with a Franchise tag for the next season. Has also mentioned a hometown discount, but that he intends to get paid.

Seattle is riding the gravy train with Russell right now, as he only counts about $690,000 against their cap. Perhaps the most valuable asset in football is having a quality QB at a dirt cheap price.

One thing I love about the new rookie structure is that it greatly rewards good drafting.

I trust Gettleman's ability to plug holes with one-year deals

I bet Jordan Gross will stay for cheap now. Franchise Greg Hardy.

Draft OL and WRs.

This is the most up to date list of our free agents that I can find. Some big decisions in there.

Derek Anderson QB UFA
Colin Cole DT UFA
Graham Gano K UFA
Ted Ginn Jr. WR UFA
Jordan Gross LT, T UFA
Captain Munnerlyn CB UFA
Richie Brockel FB RFA
Ben Hartsock TE UFA
Mike Mitchell S UFA
Jeff Byers C RFA
Greg Hardy DE UFA
Brandon LaFell WR RFA
Quintin Mikell S UFA
Chris Scott G RFA
Jordan Senn OLB, LB UFA
Travelle Wharton G UFA
Domenik Hixon WR UFA
Byron Bell RT, T RFA
Garry Williams G RFA

That looks like a pretty easy list to me. Re-sign Cole, Mitchell, and Captain. Let everyone else walk and then bring back a couple on cheap one-year deals once they realize nobody else wants them (Hixon, Ginn, Mikell). Only re-sign Hardy if the market tanks (unlikely) and you can make him work with the cap (even more unlikley) recognizing you will have to pay Cam and Keuchly in a short time.

I'd be okay with us letting Cap go. I also think Jodan Senn provides some great value on ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back