• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2014 NFC South Champion Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice to get another before the draft but who is left? The list is dwindling. Kenny Britt is not gonna happen.

Cotchery is a nice pick up. Coming off a career best 10 TDs in 2013. Let hope he can duplicate it in 2014

Everyone on here is still available:

2jbm6vd.jpg

Blackmon is an absolute BEAST when he has it going. I would dare say one of the top 10 receivers in the league. A true number one receiver is what the Panthers have been lacking for several years now. It would be great if we could somehow land him and concentrate on one more receiver in the draft and sure up the depleted OL

As discussed on here a mid-round round pick could do it and he is cheap but I think if he gets one more strike against the NFL substance abuse policy he is in for a serious suspension.

I don't understand this notion that Cam has been "taking a beating". Not every tackle, or even sack, is big shot. Cam's a big, physical guy. I haven't missed many minutes of Panthers action the past few seasons and I haven't noticed him taking big shots all that often.

If Gettleman pulls off a deal for Blackmon, I would consider Blackmon and Cotchery as an upgrade over Smith and LaFell in terms of on-the-field performance (assuming Blackmon can stay on the field).

We signed Cotchery. Hopefully we can get 1 more before the draft.

He was the safest guy on the list you posted. Good get. Blackmon is the best. I'd be rolling to roll the dice on him for a 4th round pick.
2&2, if Blackmon can stay on the field, he is a huge upgrade over 2014 Steve Smith. Big IF though. Think Cotchery definitely replaces LaFell.

Blackmon, a healthy Kenny Britt plus a mid-rounder (could Jordan Matthews now be available in the 2nd/3rd round?) and we have a nice little WR group

Blackmon, a healthy Kenny Britt plus a mid-rounder (could Jordan Matthews now be available in the 2nd/3rd round?) and we have a nice little WR group

I don't think you want Blackmon and Britt together on the same team. That is a swat team raid waiting to happen.

Cotchery deal is 2 years/5 million. Smitty/Ginn/LaFell/Jones all got in the 3 year/11-12 million range IIRC.

That stat has nothing to do with him holding the ball too long... the stat includes rushing hits. Over the past three seasons what QB has run more than Cam? Those hits in and of themselves probably put him at the top.

"Over past 3 seasons, Cam Newton has been sacked or hit while throwing or rushing 467 times, more than twice as many as any other QB."

If he threw the ball sooner he wouldn't get sacked or get hit while throwing.

If he threw the ball sooner he wouldn't get sacked or get hit while throwing.

Those make up a much smaller portion of total hits than the 364 rushing attempts he's had in three years butthead. Shocker, most in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back