• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2014 NFC South Champion Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. MAC hasn't posted on the sports board since the NFL Draft ended. 1 post on the Pit since then (May 9). I nominate Deacfreak07 to start the Official 2014-15 Carolina Panthers Thread...since the playoffs are in 2015. The mods can then merge this thread into 07's thread.

Agreed. MAC hasn't posted on the sports board since the NFL Draft ended. 1 post on the Pit since then (May 9). I nominate Deacfreak07 to start the Official 2014-15 Carolina Panthers Thread...since the playoffs are in 2015. The mods can then merge this thread into 07's thread.

I nominate MOONZ

Surely you guys aren't suggesting that the signing of ED F'ING DICKSON is not still the most important Panthers news. He's a game changer!

Hadn't seen that much about KB, great to hear. Panthers are going to need him this season and for years to come.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/06/23/4998995/panthers-benjamin-not-lacking.html#.U6uPJauxPaM

When asked if the Super Bowl really was possible, Benjamin laughed and said: “What?! It’s a football team, right? So it’s possible.”
Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...n-not-lacking.html#.U6uPJauxPaM#storylink=cpy

It's possible my opinion on KB will turn around like my opinion on Cam. I'm hyped for the first preseason game. My oldest had a field trip to Raymond James Stadium today so I got hyped for opening day in Tampa as well. Got to get some tickets.

I hope the WR's have enough time to run their routes, and Cam has enough time to make his reads. Without an OL, you can't do anything in football. See Falcons last year. Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Roddy White didn't mean much. Anyone else read the SI piece on Chuck Knoll? In it, Knoll attributes a Steeler win to "the bad habits of the other team's left guard." So now, Carolina is banking their season on a converted DL playing LT.

He has been crazy busy with life over the past few months. I have a feeling in a few weeks he will be back to posting. But I cant say for sure so we might want to start a new Panthers thread.

My biggest complaint with what MAC did was starting the thread in the first place and depriving another poster who wanted the spot a chance to start the thread. If he was planning to be crazy busy...as he evidently knew there was a reasonably good chance of happening...he should never have started the thread in the first place.

I just wanted Deacfreak07 to be the guy since he started the NBA thread and the Spurs won it all. Fuck Your Couch is a great Panthers fan, but he can't be trusted with Official.....Thread starting after the 2012-13 NBA thread.

And my 1st paragraph is just making fun of a bkf post on the Tiger is Back thread. Hope all is well with MAC and he will be back posting soon.

I hope the WR's have enough time to run their routes, and Cam has enough time to make his reads. Without an OL, you can't do anything in football. See Falcons last year. Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Roddy White didn't mean much. Anyone else read the SI piece on Chuck Knoll? In it, Knoll attributes a Steeler win to "the bad habits of the other team's left guard." So now, Carolina is banking their season on a converted DL playing LT.

What's the alternative? 28 is way too low to take a franchise LT and we had little money to spend to get one in FA. Gross retiring really fucked us, then add Hurney's salary mess and we didn't have many options. I think we did the right thing by not mortgaging the future to overpay or overdraft a tackle. I'd also be surprised if G-man doesn't sign someone during the preseason for "depth" at OT.

I would guess that the Panthers will scour the waiver wires as time gets closer to the finalization of rosters before the season starts as well.

What's the alternative? 28 is way too low to take a franchise LT and we had little money to spend to get one in FA. Gross retiring really fucked us, then add Hurney's salary mess and we didn't have many options. I think we did the right thing by not mortgaging the future to overpay or overdraft a tackle. I'd also be surprised if G-man doesn't sign someone during the preseason for "depth" at OT.

I agree with your assessment re Gross and Hurney. There were no FA options with our cap space. I would have gone OT in Rd 1 (Joel Bits, or Cyrus K) and Jarvis Landry in Rd 2 (unless we had another "Steve Smith" in Rd 3). With Carolina's multiple weaknesses, they'd have to mine a diamond from the mid to late rounds - easier to find a WR there than an OT.

The odds of finding either in the mid-to-late rounds are slim. Looks like GMan would rather roll the dice with FAs and current personnel rather than through the draft. I understand. And of course if history holds, we'll be drafting around 8-12 next year anyway.

Our guards should be way better this year, with the addition of the injured players from last year and the kid from LSU. I think that guy will start by midseason. Hopefully our running game will be better this year (without counting Cam's scrambles, which inflates our numbers).

I'm sorry! I'm back and I know I'm a mediocre, at the absolute best, poster.. But hot damn I will do my best to update the opening post with whatever the best, latest news that comes out if still allowed the opportunity.

I'm not supposed to apologize until step nine, but I'll bend the rule and say to all you Panthers fans.. I am sorry!

Eta... Did you guys know we signed Ed Dickson!?

Last edited:
Saw this earlier on reddit...a high school kid's mom sent the Panthers a letter telling them he was graduating, he was such a big fan, and if they could send him a letter or something congratulating him it would mean a lot. About a week later, they got all of this in the mail:

http://imgur.com/a/mX3HZ

Riverboat Ron is the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back