• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official 2015 MLB Season Thread - Congrats, Royals

Sorry, phan! O's haven't won since this post. #baseballkarmaisreal #needtogrowrallybeard #seasonisover

The Rays don't trade Jake Arrietas (at least until they have to).

Please make the playoffs Dodgers. kthanks

Last edited:
CNtRkloUkAAnywo.jpg

The Rays don't trade Jake Arrietas (at least until they have to).

Arrieta would have never succeeded in Baltimore. Ever. Everything that's happened in Chicago doesn't change anything.

Arrieta would have never succeeded in Baltimore. Ever. Everything that's happened in Chicago doesn't change anything.

Without looking it up and completely going with a biased memory, haven't the Orioles had like 5 or more top 10 pitching prospects in the last few years - and none of them have panned out yet or met expectations - Arrieta, Matusz, Gausman, Bundy (hes still young though I think) and Britton (I guess he panned out as a closer, but thought he was supposed to be a starter).

Not taking a shot or anything, just seems weird - maybe its just normal prospect churn, but I remember hearing a bunch about all of these guys. I could also be completely wrong.

You got most of them, maybe toss in Bergesen. Gausman is still only 24 too and mostly hopeful on him. But TINSTAAPP

TINSTAAP indeed. Many of the Astros' best pitching prospects haven't panned out (exceptions: Lance McCullers and Vince Velasquez this year), but on the other hand sometimes unheralded guys develop out of nowhere (Keuchel, McHugh).

Yeah, I guess - probably hadn't effected me as much since there has been very few heralded pitchers in the cubs system in the past 15 years - since Prior, really. I guess Cashner was an ok prospect.

the Cubs are definitely going to get blown out in the wild card game, right?

the Cubs are definitely going to get blown out in the wild card game, right?

Cubs are 3-3 at PNC this year and 7-5 against them this year - but there is definitely a chance, I guess it depends on who starts.

not trying to rustle, just seems the most Cubs thing possible. Great season, and boom, done in a day.

not trying to rustle, just seems the most Cubs thing possible. Great season, and boom, done in a day.

Pretty close, the most Cubs thing would be for Arrieta to start, pitch 8 great innings, leave with a 3-1 lead in the 9th and Rondon or Rodney gives up a 3 run shot to McCutchen after a batter gets on base when a bird knocks off an easy pop up then starlin castro boots a game ending double play ball. Gives us lots of fall guys to blame, they can go on the wall with the goat, the black cat and the miracle mets, Leon Durhams original Bull Buckner play, and bartman. Should be fun.

Even then the reasonable expectations this year were sufficiently low enough that were that to happen it wouldn't be the end of the world. Another year or two from now, then sure, but we're just at the beginning of this team's run.

That said, who knows if we'll get another year like this from Arrieta or (more likely to repeat it) Rizzo, so I certainly hope we maximize it

Having lost the WC game two years in row, all the pressure in the NL WC game will be on the Bucs. Baseball is a tough game to play when expectations are high. Not saying the Cubs will beat the Pirates in the WC, but they will be the looser team, and that is a good thing.

The Blue Jays have a run differential of 193.

The Phillies have a run differential of -162.

Back