• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official darts thread

dartsndeacs

THE quintessential dwarf
Reaction score
Don't care if I'm the only one posting, if you got 30 minutes to spare this is the most entertaining match I've seen to date

Wrong thread bro, darts is most definitely a sport.

Do you play often?

Doing a couple recent practice games:

1) See how many darts it takes me to hit each of 1-20. So aim for 1, if hit go to 2, if miss aim for 1 again. Get the lowest score ya can. Usually I'm in the low 30's, just had my best earlier today of 24 and followed with a 27. Might be my best 2.

2) Golf as doubles practice. double is -2. Triple is -1. Area between bull and triple is par 0. Area between triple and double is bogey +1. Miss is a double bogey +2. Only your last dart matters. Get 3 darts at it. So if you get a par at any point ya can choose to stop. Can do things like aim for eagles the first dart or two then aim for par. Just had my best finish of -6 a few mins ago.

In golf, what's a bull get you?

Seems strategy would be pretty simple. Go for the doubles on your first two throws, and then just go for bull on the third and worst case you're still getting a par.

In golf, what's a bull get you?

Seems strategy would be pretty simple. Go for the doubles on your first two throws, and then just go for bull on the third and worst case you're still getting a par.

Bull is nothing. Addition to Golf is that you have to aim for a specific number 1-18. so You get 18 turns, first turn aiming for double 1, second turn aiming for double 2, etc. But yes, either aiming for doubles first two throw first 1 is what I've come up with. Even par or -2 usually win

Bull is nothing. Addition to Golf is that you have to aim for a specific number 1-18. so You get 18 turns, first turn aiming for double 1, second turn aiming for double 2, etc. But yes, either aiming for doubles first two throw first 1 is what I've come up with. Even par or -2 usually win

We have daily golf competitions in the office.

Won at -8 earlier with an eagle on 18 - my best score I can remember, Im usually right above par. Board record is -14. I aim for double on the first throw, then triples the second two.

209054f820e3fba06104acc914551b58.jpg

So this happenned

To be clear, that picture obviously happened a few days ago. Palma then created this thread so he'd have a place to casually drop that picture.

If you're practicing as much as plama says he is, you should be hitting ton 80's semi-regularly... impressive, but not that crazy. Did it at least happen in a competitive match?

Also, you ever try playing w/ skinnier barrels plama? Those look kind of thick, if you can adjust to smaller ones that'll help you get more rounds like that.

plama how many times a week do you play darts? is it at a bar? how many beer?

Prolly average twice a week. League night is Monday night then we usually get together in wednesday as well. Sometimes sundays. Our league has like 6 guys per bar and there Are 4 bars in the league, and any given night one Or a few guys are at one of the bars.

Nope, was taken yesterday and was my first one. I had about 10-15 where I get the first two and most of em recently so I knew it was coming eventually.

Happenned in a doubles game where we had 212 left, so left it at 32 which my partner hit

I've got about 4 different sets with one of em being a bit skinnier, but I ended up sticking with that set #fatfingers

Roommate at my last apartment had a dart board and I got pretty good just throwing a lot while drinking a beer or sitting around the apartment. Would love to get a dartboard in a rec room when I have a house.

Looking to upgrade my darts soon. I've been rolling with Paul Anderson Unis for a while, but looking to make the jump to the Harrows Ice series. I'm worried about the transition to a longer barrel/shaft combo, given my early release point.

Also, if any Winstonites are looking to play in a Sunday night league, I may have room on my team. It's a pretty fun rec league. Nothing like PDA Tuedsays.

Don't care if I'm the only one posting, if you got 30 minutes to spare this is the most entertaining match I've seen to date

Wright is such a tool. I don't get why so many people (outside of Scotland, though it also makes no sense given Gary Anderson's meteoric rise to fame) like him. He's just not on the same level as the other Premier Leaguers. It seems like all his PL wins/draws were from his opponents sucking.

Im looking at the L style flights online but the difference isn't immediately apparent to me. Describe em?

Back