• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official darts thread

Im looking at the L style flights online but the difference isn't immediately apparent to me. Describe em?

They don't go "on" the shafts like traditional flights, where you line up the four fins of the flight into the four prongs of the shaft. The L-style flights lock into the shaft from the side, preventing the frustrating bent shaft prong that you get when you robin hood your darts. Also, the material is much stiffer plastic that won't bend or break as easily. If you get the spinner shaft with the L-style, you won't have to change flights or shafts for months.

spinners are disorienting to me, don't think I'd like them nor the feel of something unstable in my hand. On the flip side, I run through those shafts pretty quickly.

No, they aren't Phil Taylors. There's a store out here that sells nothing but darts and dart supplies. I ended up picking up 4 sets of darts all from the same brand, but forget what the name of the brand is. They were about ~$65/each

spinners are disorienting to me, don't think I'd like them nor the feel of something unstable in my hand. On the flip side, I run through those shafts pretty quickly.

No, they aren't Phil Taylors. There's a store out here that sells nothing but darts and dart supplies. I ended up picking up 4 sets of darts all from the same brand, but forget what the name of the brand is. They were about ~$65/each

I'd try out the spinners. Initially, I had the same reservations, but I don't notice any of the spinning while the dart is in my hand.

I'd probably like to think low 50's but might be more high 40's. My median score is absolutely 45 or 41

Palma, what's the format of your league? Just 01 or a mix with cricket?

3 singles matches of Chicago (501/cricket/301 double in double out). Then doubles matches of those 3 games (can't have the same team in any doubles game) , followed by a team game of 1001.

Points system so not a big deal if you go 4-3 or 3-4, play every team like twice per season home bar and away bar. No cost to join, bars give a free round at the team game, everyone puts a dollar in on the 1001 game, half goes to high score, half to who goes out.

There's a nice set-up at Old Nick's in Lewisville. I hadn't shot in a while but borrowed a set (spinners) tonight. Confirmed I still hate the feel of them.

Haven't actually calculated in a while. I'm probably low 50s for non-closing turns. You?

Was curious myself, so threw like 50 turns and recorded it and ended at 49. Didn't feel like I was throwing well, and more amazingly didn't throw a single 60. Currently in my game I find that I'm getting pretty good at hitting triples everywhere, hitting doubles, etc. But I don't miss close. Its really hit or miss, so when I play cricket now I often hit 3-5 trips per game, but I get alot of trips/miss/miss, Or 4's when I hit.

I was also sober which is unusual.

There's a nice set-up at Old Nick's in Lewisville. I hadn't shot in a while but borrowed a set (spinners) tonight. Confirmed I still hate the feel of them.

Old Nick's has probably the best setup in Forsyth County now. The best boards, good drink selections, and best lighting.

Was curious myself, so threw like 50 turns and recorded it and ended at 49. Didn't feel like I was throwing well, and more amazingly didn't throw a single 60. Currently in my game I find that I'm getting pretty good at hitting triples everywhere, hitting doubles, etc. But I don't miss close. Its really hit or miss, so when I play cricket now I often hit 3-5 trips per game, but I get alot of trips/miss/miss, Or 4's when I hit.

I was also sober which is unusual.

Those are pretty good stats, though. I always find my avgs take a decent hit during league or tournament play. An avg of fifty usually means closing in about 11 turns, which is good for a rec league.

Can't stop. Won't stop. Uhuh-uhuh
c1705dfa5ce3a0c850d81c6ab34bed57.jpg

That was in the midst of practice, recording avg scores 50 turn samples. Was at like 48, then down to 45, until I changed my grip up and dropped a 58.92. Unlikely I repeat that anytime soon unless that grip really does help. Hit trip 20 12.6% of my shots.

Thinking about throwing a dart board up in my house. What are the best setups to prevent putting dart holes in the walls. Besides the obvious aim better.

That was in the midst of practice, recording avg scores 50 turn samples. Was at like 48, then down to 45, until I changed my grip up and dropped a 58.92. Unlikely I repeat that anytime soon unless that grip really does help. Hit trip 20 12.6% of my shots.

Or my new grip is awesome and I'm like the best player in our league based on last night. Hit every trip on the board in my singles cricket match, dropped a T40 and T25 in the team 1001 match (and closed it), won the team crickets game from behind by going T15, T15, 15, B, DB in 5 darts, and closed out every single or team 01 game match.

I dunno, probably a 4'x3' cork board is best to save the dart tips rather than just a piece of wood.

Thinking about throwing a dart board up in my house. What are the best setups to prevent putting dart holes in the walls. Besides the obvious aim better.

Don't take ambien.

If you don't have kids that are going to be using it, a simple cabinet should really be enough.

I'm by no means a good thrower but I had one in my office and would throw many, many sets a day for 2 years. I had to patch one small hole when I moved on (pretty sure I was sitting down & on the phone for that miss).

Meh, i got no less than 50 holes underneath my cabinet after having been there for 5-6 years

Back