• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official darts thread

played a new game last night 50/60. Its 301 that you can only open with a double bull and only score with 60 or more. Once you're under 50, you either go out or reset to that number. So you have to be pretty strategic in what you score when you get under 100. So like being stuck at 67 last night sucked ass.

Picked up a new set of Harrows Ice darts today. Such a great dart. Flies very straight. Already threw a few T20+ with an 80+ out.

played a new game last night 50/60. Its 301 that you can only open with a double bull and only score with 60 or more. Once you're under 50, you either go out or reset to that number. So you have to be pretty strategic in what you score when you get under 100. So like being stuck at 67 last night sucked ass.

This sounds like a good practice game. I've had a tough time consistently switching between 20/18 (top of board) and 19 (bottom). This should help, I think.

ice_d.jpg

This sounds like a good practice game. I've had a tough time consistently switching between 20/18 (top of board) and 19 (bottom). This should help, I think.

As I've played it some now, really seems to help me with double bulls now, as I rarely aim for that specifically when doing cricket as I get a lot more greens. Now I'm hitting tons more doubles.

Those look nice. I like having the little bump where I can consistently hold the dart in the same space. I'm surprised you're changing darts that often though, I'd think at a certain point you'd get a set and stick with it.

And I looked into what my brand was that I settled on and its the Shot! brand

Last edited:
Those look nice. I like having the little bump where I can consistently hold the dart in the same space. I'm surprised you're changing darts that often though, I'd think at a certain point you'd get a set and stick with it.

And I looked into what my brand was that I settled on and its the Shot! brand

I've played the same darts for a year, but my throw has changed in the past months. I'm looking to stick with these for a while now.

Let me know the next time you're in Winston, palma. We should throw a little.

I've played the same darts for a year, but my throw has changed in the past months. I'm looking to stick with these for a while now.

Let me know the next time you're in Winston, palma. We should throw a little.

I don't go back that often, but will do. Dropped 2 180's in practice today (up to 5 total). League finale is on monday and we're 1 point back.

We went to 3-0 tonight. Played at 'Fan Zone', which was... Interesting.

It's been fun. Definitely like the league a lot. If anybody wants to shoot at Old Nick's sometime, I'm down.

Up to first place now halfway through our league, which when I joined we were the worst team in the league. I'm losing alot in cricket these days, but my outs have just been unreal for the past month. Gives me a fairly huge advantage vs most everyone I'm playing against. Feel like I'm about 25-33% on the doubles (and doing higher in competition) mixed with scoring in the high 50's now.

Up to first place now halfway through our league, which when I joined we were the worst team in the league. I'm losing alot in cricket these days, but my outs have just been unreal for the past month. Gives me a fairly huge advantage vs most everyone I'm playing against. Feel like I'm about 25-33% on the doubles (and doing higher in competition) mixed with scoring in the high 50's now.

I think I've had 5 consecutive 501/601 matches end on the first out my opponent looked at.

That's not to mention a game of cricket where I was up 68 points, had everything closed except Bull (which, for good measure, I had a 2-0 advantage on)... and didn't get to shoot again. That one was pretty cool to see, though.

Also, if any Winstonites are looking to play in a Sunday night league, I may have room on my team. It's a pretty fun rec league. Nothing like PDA Tuedsays.

Which team? If you also play PDA, you definitely know me. I play with Shafted at the moment.

I think I've had 5 consecutive 501/601 matches end on the first out my opponent looked at.

That's not to mention a game of cricket where I was up 68 points, had everything closed except Bull (which, for good measure, I had a 2-0 advantage on)... and didn't get to shoot again. That one was pretty cool to see, though.

I've never seen 3 double bulls, I've done five at least once.

What team are you?

My wife and I joined Throws of Despair.

We went to 3-0 tonight. Played at 'Fan Zone', which was... Interesting.

It's been fun. Definitely like the league a lot. If anybody wants to shoot at Old Nick's sometime, I'm down.

I love the place and you know I will throw anytime but I swear that oche is too far from the board.

Just threw my first set of 50 turns where I averaged over 60, surprisingly with my high throw being 100. Changed up the way I held the darts a bit to behind the center of gravity and felt like I was throwing it dead straight (obviously) the whole throw. Had a ton on the last throw to leave 60.04 average.

Back