• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official darts thread

My confidence a little shot as I had a good 3-5 month run as the best guy in our league, and now my teammate is just destroying me. He's travelling cross country and his wife had them stop in TN for some dart tournament, and ended up matching up against one of the best american dart players out there. Lost 0-2, but put up good matches (was up like 80 points on him in leg 1, till he missed his out and the dude closed out 90+). Makes me think I may crack in say the top 1,000 or so players in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Pankow

If you play in a good number of tournaments, you will easily crack top 1000 with your numbers. I've finished in the top 1000 twice. To give you an idea, my x01 avg, including outs, is around 55.

If you play in a good number of tournaments, you will easily crack top 1000 with your numbers. I've finished in the top 1000 twice. To give you an idea, my x01 avg, including outs, is around 55.

My top average not counting outs is in the low 70's, which makes me think if I count outs I'd be in the low 50's if not the forties. although yesterday was my first day ever of having 2 180's in the same day. I also dropped another $700 to my teammate.

I lost my main set of darts about 6 months ago, ordered a replacement set but just picked em up yesterday. so for last 6 months been playing with a new set that I got used to but thinking of going back to the old set. I have alot less wobble with this new set, but better height control with the old set I've been shooting with the past 6 months. Hard to argue with two T80's in my first day (I'm somewhere between 12-14 overall of them) throwing with the new ones (the set I drunkenly lost at a bar 6 months ago) though first day throwing with em in 6 months.

Last edited:
Are you playing darts for money because the chump actors won't play poker with you any more?

Or is it an excuse to drink more? :)

I use a piece of software called DartPro for practice games and averages. I don't use the mobile apps but the Windows app is solid.

http://www.rusys.nl/dartpro/download.html

Downloaded this. Probably should hold off on the top 1000 talk. Just put up a sweet 19 average in 501.

Also, when played on Saturday, was playing against the owner of the brewery, he's a big dart enthusiast (has 8 boards in the brewery). Nice guy and we're going to setup tournaments together. But still think the dude shoulda given me a free drink after dropping a 180 on him.

You'd get free drinks if you let him beat you. Client darts is no different than client golf.

using dartpro: just had a 107.36 average (14 darter)

T20 T20, 20
T20, T20, 20
20, T19, T18
Blank, D18

Has to be my best game ever

so far my recorded games go

grand avg 52

only 2nd day with this set of darts (set I played with for a year then lost and finally got a replacement after playing with a diff set the past 6 months)

First one of these bad boys

photo.jpg

World Championships going on right now live, semi finals now Wright vs Anderson, next up MVG vs Barney. Just signed up for a streaming through the official website, like $9.99/mo.

In Chicago, blanks are fairly common in 301. Almost blanked one of the best guys in my league yesterday in cricket. 14 dart cricket game. 8 is perfection.

pew pew darts

This world championship, if televised broadly appears to be epic television. If Phil Taylor beats MVG in the finals in his retirement match in the finals, might go down as the most dominant sportsman of all time.

Sixteen-time world champion Phil Taylor moved into the PDC World Championship semi-finals with a 5-3 victory over Gary Anderson.

Taylor, 57, is competing at his final event before he retires.

He will now face Jamie Lewis after the Welshman stormed into the semi-finals with a 5-0 whitewash of Darren Webster earlier on Friday.

Champion Michael van Gerwen beat fellow Dutchman Raymond van Barneveld 5-4 in the other quarter final.

"It's fantastic - it's the greatest feeling in the world hearing the crowd sing my name and I'll be honest I'm going to miss it next week," Taylor told Sky Sports.

"I'm absolutely fine and loving every minute of it."

An iconic figure, Taylor has played a key role in making darts the phenomenon it is today, and at the peak of his powers won eight successive world titles between 1995 and 2002.

What darts would you recommend for an amateur? I need a few sets for the garage.

What darts would you recommend for an amateur? I need a few sets for the garage.

I like the Shot! brand darts, and would aim around 23 grams. Near me there's an actual darts store where you can throw around with them before buying. But even nice sets are only like $50-60.

Upset alert w/ Rob Cross up 2-0 in the 9th set on MVG (4-4) playing first to 6. Phil Taylor is onto the finals.

Back