• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official darts thread

Do you ever switch it up and go bottom left? Feels like you'd bump your average up a few points of you're as proficient w/ T19 as you are w/ T20

I've yet to figure out exactly when I am in fact blocking myself. I think its mostly when I throw some darts a half an inch above.

So going back over my last 7 rounds of 50, I'm averaging just barely over 60. Seems like a good practice would be to aim for 19's until I get to where I'm averaging around 57.

Last edited:
AVG: 72.22 (first over 70)

26 (getting nervous)
100 (got dat clutch gene)

Last edited:
First dart tournament at the queen mary
3ee1ea29dc0f0b710de804e95df6f964.jpg

148 out today. Boom. I'd been flirting with big outs the past few weeks with multiple attempts after hitting 2 trips to give me a shot, but never been able to pull it off before.

Royally pissed off a dude in my league on Monday going for double bull while up 200 points in a league match with 50 left.

Last edited:

After starting 2016 in our Sunday night league 0-10 in singles matches, with 1 total QP (quality points in our league are 5+ hitters & 3B in Cricket, and 95+ in _01)... I finished last week with an 8-hitter and I started this Sunday with 3 5-hitters in consecutive order.

My team (league format is 4 singles 501, 4 singles cricket, 2 doubles 601, 2 doubles cricket) lost its ace coming into this season, so I've really struggled in drawing tougher match-ups... Most of my singles games have been over before I could even find the rhythm I was used to from my first half season.

Doubles has treated me better this season, but of course I shat the bed last night after catching lightning in a bottle in singles.

After starting 2016 in our Sunday night league 0-10 in singles matches, with 1 total QP (quality points in our league are 5+ hitters & 3B in Cricket, and 95+ in _01)... I finished last week with an 8-hitter and I started this Sunday with 3 5-hitters in consecutive order.

My team (league format is 4 singles 501, 4 singles cricket, 2 doubles 601, 2 doubles cricket) lost its ace coming into this season, so I've really struggled in drawing tougher match-ups... Most of my singles games have been over before I could even find the rhythm I was used to from my first half season.

Doubles has treated me better this season, but of course I shat the bed last night after catching lightning in a bottle in singles.

When you say "drawing tougher matches" Our league sets the matches up randomly, you guys do it like a collegiate tennis match?

2-3 months ago I was the best guy in our league. Now the past month my teammate is getting better than me. He won 10 straight games last night playing $40 a game, and I couldn't remember him missing an out all night. Obviously we have now won 2 seasons (15 weeks) in a row now and are blowing other teams out of the water, but man its fun when you spend 10+ hours a week playing against someone both pressing eachother to get better once we start losing to the other guy.

Last night I lost a cricket game going first and Starting T20 and T19 and going first, and another one where I'm dropping 5 bulls in on my first throw on bull.

Played with my bud for 4-5 hours on Saturday at the bar, hogging the board (but no one else wanted on). One regular i've played a few times butted in one game while my buddy was on the phone and asked for a game. I opened T20, T19, T18 on him.

Played with my bud for 4-5 hours on Saturday at the bar, hogging the board (but no one else wanted on). One regular i've played a few times butted in one game while my buddy was on the phone and asked for a game. I opened T20, T19, T18 on him.

Why not T20, T20, T20? First dart blocking your angle or something?

Why not T20, T20, T20? First dart blocking your angle or something?

Was Cricket, yeah. Did have one T180 that night, so was shooting well. Stormed back from $430 down entering in the night with my buddy to $190 up.

Probs cricket, fam.

Plama, you take your own darts with you every time you go out to somewhere that has a board?

Pretty much, keep em in my car, and I know what nights I'm usually playing. I don't go to random bars with boards with my darts hoping someone shows up, just usually meet people there.

It pales in comparison to some of palmas recent hits, but I ended our teams match tonight, for our first team win of the year, with a 3H + 3B.

We were up by a small margin in points in doubles cricket but had the 16 and bull wide open. I went T16, Bull, Double Bull.

I'm sure it was my first perfect turn in official competition.

It pales in comparison to some of palmas recent hits, but I ended our teams match tonight, for our first team win of the year, with a 3H + 3B.

We were up by a small margin in points in doubles cricket but had the 16 and bull wide open. I went T16, Bull, Double Bull.

I'm sure it was my first perfect turn in official competition.

Anything like that feels good. I suspect I might have done something similar before, but given I don't remember it, odds are I haven't. Not sure I've done Triple to close then closed bulls on one turn, if I did was more likely I had 1 or 2 left and got it in the triple to close, certainly not anything that epic in a league match.

My confidence a little shot as I had a good 3-5 month run as the best guy in our league, and now my teammate is just destroying me. He's travelling cross country and his wife had them stop in TN for some dart tournament, and ended up matching up against one of the best american dart players out there. Lost 0-2, but put up good matches (was up like 80 points on him in leg 1, till he missed his out and the dude closed out 90+). Makes me think I may crack in say the top 1,000 or so players in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Pankow

Back