• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

WTF?? That this Court is even considering siding with this website designer who doesn't want to work with same-sex couples says it all. You start a business that serves the public, you serve the PUBLIC. You can't pick and chose what public you wish to serve no matter how warped your "personal" beliefs are.
It is one thing to interpret the Constitution a specific way, but siding with this bullshit is purely Un-American.
As i understand it there is no business yet. This is preemptive. The sus court is hearing a case where nothing happened to her yet. She just WANTS to start a business that will not serve our LGBTQ+ friends and family. She is suing to end an anti discrimination law so she can discriminate with alito's gleeful permission.

OGBros, Feel free to correct my high level understanding in case I've got it wrong.

Illegitimate supreme court? Unqualified, perjured judges serving their religious overlords.

The Supreme Court are unelected policymakers at this point.

This Supreme Court is acting based on it's end objectives rather than the cases in front of them. And just wildly making shit up along the way.

This Supreme Court is acting based on it's end objectives rather than the cases in front of them. And just wildly making shit up along the way.
Speaking of wild made up shit. You just hate baseball. Balls and strikes. You know what comes after hating baseball? Hating America. Think about that.

As i understand it there is no business yet. This is preemptive. The sus court is hearing a case where nothing happened to her yet. She just WANTS to start a business that will not serve our LGBTQ+ friends and family. She is suing to end an anti discrimination law so she can discriminate with alito's gleeful permission.

OGBros, Feel free to correct my high level understanding in case I've got it wrong.

From a quick google you need a sales tax license to run a retail business in Colorado, which would be a binding legal agreement not to discriminate, thus a potential business owner is “prevented” from opening a business based on their religious beliefs.

Speaking of wild made up shit. You just hate baseball. Balls and strikes. You know what comes after hating baseball? Hating America. Think about that.

Balls, strikes, and sometimes Neil Gorsuch just up and signals a homerun without a ball even being hit. Normal umpire stuff.

I may have lost the thread here.

You can tell whose spouses have been influence peddling by their silence on this.

F all…thanks for posting.

Slouching towards Gilead, for sure.

Indeed we’re already likely experiencing something like “common good originalism”…and that weird hybrid is likely to grow as the practical legal outworking of conservative religious/social aims. For which it is merely a useful cover.

Last edited:

Well that's terrifying.

Though I think we need a term to describe the right other than "conservative." That term gets used a ton in this piece, and nothing they're talking about is actually conservative.

Back